Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shortened gearset for 993 gearbox

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 08:25 PM
H20NOO
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agreed, the gap between 1st through 5th is aggressive but works great on the track. There isn't a track in N. California where I'd in 6th (or perhaps anywhere other than the "ring"). So, it's a nice trade off. 6th is still much shorter than the original. The gap is still very reasonable, kinda like having overdrive when you need it and aggressive 1-5 for thrills. If I'm really just crusing, 1-3-5 shifting is very easy.

Thanks for your analysis. It's very interesting.

Marin S4 - I'm in Saratoga/San Jose. Let me know when you want to come down or maybe meet at Alice's Restaurant on Skyline Drive (Hwy 35) and Hwy 84. You can PM me for details.

MC
Old 10-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 549 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by H20NOO
Agreed, the gap between 1st through 5th is aggressive but works great on the track. There isn't a track in N. California where I'd in 6th (or perhaps anywhere other than the "ring"). So, it's a nice trade off. 6th is still much shorter than the original. The gap is still very reasonable, kinda like having overdrive when you need it and aggressive 1-5 for thrills. If I'm really just crusing, 1-3-5 shifting is very easy.

....MC
I agree, w/ my /30 there's only 1 Northeastern track that I can use 6 at.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:23 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by trophy
Do you have knowledge of Albins gears link below:

http://www.albinsgear.com.au/product...rbar=5#porsche

They seem to be very big in the Off-road buggy sceen, and they use Porsche transaxles.
That's Powerhaus II's old gearmaker. They are still available here in the states but not generally considered the same quality as our gears and Hollinger's.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:36 PM
trophy
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GTgears
That's Powerhaus II's old gearmaker. They are still available here in the states but not generally considered the same quality as our gears and Hollinger's.
Good to know, thanks.......
Old 10-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FWIW, you are pushing too hard Erik...

GL though but let your products and services speak for themselves...
Old 10-26-2009, 06:50 PM
Erik@GBox
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Monique,

I am not sure I understand you correctly, but someone asked me to start this thread. I appreciate your thoughts on this, but being that I new here with this company, it would seem to make sense to me that people would want to know what products and services I do offer.

I very much wish to be a active and productive member of Rennlist, but consider this if you will. If I can not show the company owners here that there is a productive reason to spend the kind of money required to be here as a vendor, then they will require that I take a new direction. It is a bit of a catch 22, I understand, but again I appreciate your comments and will try not to thrust myself into too many threads at one time.

Thanks again,

Erik Johnson
GBox Sales Manager
(303) 440-8899 work
(303) 895-4828 cell
Old 10-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

I am not sure why Jean-Pierre thinks Erik is "pushing" too much...he is one of the few vendors who openly posted their prices and are willing to discuss why the prices are that way, and is allowed to do that since he is a Rennlist sponsor. I have no problems with the information so far, and the detailed cost of rebuilding a transmission is interesting to see.

BTW, with a 96 tranny, what would this add to the bill? How much is the replacement shaft?

Cheers,

Mike
Old 10-26-2009, 11:39 PM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I agree with Mike. Thanks for all the info Erik and all the graphs Bill.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:52 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello Erik@gbox,

I stated my opinion. There is indeed much good information passing through these threads but... "I'm from Missouri, show me" comes to my mind.

GL none the less.

Quick Reply: Shortened gearset for 993 gearbox