Targa Price Premium

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 03:39 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Funny thing about Tiptronics....the majority of folks who drive a manual gearbox look down upon them, even though very very few folks can actually drive a manual gearbox properly.

I was lucky enough to go out with Doc Bundy once and I spent the entire time watching his feet...the shifts were dances of perfection and made me realize that even though I can drive a manual, I can't drive a manual
Old 10-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Bola964
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Hi,
I love my car, and I was looking for a coupe, as some people tried to steer me away from the Targas as the their top can be a little tricky and expensive if you need any service.
When I found mine, I knew I was paying a little over what I've seen around for coupes, but Targas are hard to find, specially on a color combination that would suite me.
DryFly knows how I tried to buy his from him..... My first color choice.
I am a NB kind of guy for 993s, so C2Ss, or C4Ss were not turning the *** for me.
I am not a cabriolet guy either, so the Targa gave me the middle point that I enjoy so much in So. FL.
The asking price on my car was $38.5K, and I got it for $34K. It was in a very good condition cosmetically and mechanically. But I have put some money on it, as I like everything to be 100%. New tires, oil change, minor repairs and etc. All in all $4K!
I have never owned an used car that did not need something done to it after you buy it.
So, IMO, paying $40-$45K is a little to much, specially when you can go 997 for that kind of money!
One other very important point is: PPIs, history, a respectable seller, are all a must, but GO SEE THE CAR IN PERSON! Nothing replaces the feeling, the eye, the driving of a car BEFORE you buy it. I have bought several used and antique cars before, and I have promised to myself I'll never buy another one again without flying out even from Miami, FL to Portland, OR first! But that's just me.
So go Targa, as they are worth every penny (or top dollar) of it.
Good luck.

Quick Reply: Targa Price Premium