Sponsored by:

remote/lock problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009 | 07:50 AM
shtig
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote/lock problem

I've had a problem with my locks for a couple of months but now it's really bad and I need som help from you guys.

When I unlock my car, it locks itself immediately. this means that you have to open the door quickly before it locks itself again. Then the horn goes of twice, what does that mean? It used to go off once to indicate that one door is open.

When I try to start the car, the alarm goes off sometimes. I lock and unlock the car with the remote and then I can start it.

The lock button on the center console does not seem to work every time I push it.

When I lock the car with the remote I don't get the two blinks.

My passenger side door handle has been sticking for a while and is now stuck in the open position. Does this have anything to do with my problem? the door closes and locks just fine.

As I said, I have this problem for a while but it used to go away once I started driving but now it's alot worse and I feel like I don't know if the car is going to start anymore.

Any ideas?
Old 10-04-2009 | 01:05 PM
shtig
AutoX

I have tried with two different remotes...
Old 10-04-2009 | 05:08 PM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 427 Likes on 259 Posts

Maybe it's a fault in the door lock switches. Both door lock mechanism is equipped with two switches to detect if you turn the key either way. Maybe one of them is faulty fooling the alarm/door lock control module into thinking that you continiously turn the key in the lock.

When you write that you lock/unlock the car I reckon that you do so by using the remote.
Try instead to unlock and lock the car by turning the key. (in both doors) In that way you could find out if one of the switches has a fault. That may be a electric or mechanical failure.
Regards,
Tore
Old 01-30-2010 | 07:54 PM
willtw
1st Gear

My 2008 Tundra, double cab has auto and remote lock features....Suddenly, the remote feature stopped making the vehicle only accessible with the key...the only lock access is on the driver's door...I replaced the battery in the key twice...Radonly it then worked 1-2 times then stopped....Does this sound like a switch in the door for the remote? Vehicle sits for days on end then driven only locally...every system on the truck works now but the remote lock/unlock...Suggestions?

Quick Reply: remote/lock problem