Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Tek 993 RS Polyurethane front splitters?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 12:05 AM
CaptainGSR
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

So tempting!
Old 12-16-2009, 03:46 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
The phone number and fax for GT3 company is the same as Better Bodies in San Ysidro, CA Not too clever on their part if they are looking to re-establish a brand.

Tel: (619) 690-5081

Fax: (619) 690-1457

No wonder Better Bodies is a distributor. Duhhhhhhhhh!
Time to clear up a few things with this thread

1) Better Bodies is not a Distributor for GT3 Tek, it is the parent company to GT3 Tek with the same principal owner who has been a friend of mine for close to 20 years.

2) I am the master distributor for GT3 Tek's line of polyurethane Aero Parts for 993's, 996's & 997's and my new website is under production and will be up soon.

3) I am pulling the photo of Bill Verberg's car since he doesn't like it on the site. Too bad because it's a damn pretty car!

4) I am finishing a rennlist group buy pricing model for the full kit, splitters only, rockers only or any combination of the parts including just a left or right splitter to replace a damaged one.

5) The poly parts take paint very well but you must use flex agent in the primer as well as the paint and clear coat.

6) I will have a DIY installation guide with photos up within a few days since you really don't need a body shop to install the splitters, rockers or tail and have made a deal with Robin at p-car.com to post it there too.

Anyone who wants more information regarding anything to do with the parts, pricing or installation can PM me and I will respond ASAP.

Thanks,
Joel Bowman aka ZombiePorsche44

Last edited by ZombiePorsche44; 12-16-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:05 PM
trophy
Race Car

Thanks for the update and clarification Joel, I look forward to seeing info on the group buy.

There are at least 8 or so people interested in the rockers.....

Regards
Old 12-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by ZombiePorsche44
Time to clear up a few things with this thread

1) Better Bodies is not a Distributor for GT3 Tek, it is the parent company to GT3 Tek with the same principal owner who has been a friend of mine for close to 20 years.

2) I am the master distributor for GT3 Tek's line of polyurethane Aero Parts for 993's, 996's & 997's and my new website is under production and will be up soon.

3) Even though it is not copyright protected image, I am pulling the photo of Bill Verberg's car since he doesn't like it on the site. Too bad because it's a damn pretty car!

4) I am finishing a rennlist group buy pricing model for the full kit, splitters only, rockers only or any combination of the parts including just a left or right splitter to replace a damaged one.

5) The poly parts take paint very well but you must use flex agent in the primer as well as the paint and clear coat.

6) I will have a DIY installation guide with photos up within a few days since you really don't need a body shop to install the splitters, rockers or tail and have made a deal with Robin at p-car.com to post it there too.

Anyone who wants more information regarding anything to do with the parts, pricing or installation can PM me and I will respond ASAP.

Thanks,
Joel Bowman aka ZombiePorsche44
Joel,
thanks for clarifying up some of the confusion. I will be interested along with many others in the GB details.
Thanks
Old 12-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts
Default Great post by ZombiePorsche

He certainly cleared the air on the polyurethane products. I am interested in the group by for the side skirts...my factory RS skirts are tired...broken lots of the tabs off. I hope he isn't mad at me for some of my semi-snide remarks. I tarry
Old 12-16-2009, 04:25 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Joel, very excited about this. I'm sure there are lots of us on here that will be anxious to see more of the RS bits!

Originally Posted by ZombiePorsche44

3) Even though it is not copyright protected image, I am pulling the photo of Bill Verberg's car since he doesn't like it on the site. Too bad because it's a damn pretty car!
Actually, the moment he takes the photo, the copyright applies automatically. There's no paperwork to file or anything like that. And the photographer holds the copyright until he dies or gives it away. Read up on the Berne Convention for more on this.

I'd suggest in the future, just ask if you want to use someone's photos. I'm sure many RL'ers would love their cars to be showcased on your page.

Oh yeah, and I'll be interested in GB prices too! Keep up the good work.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Interested in the group buy.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:26 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you do a GT2 splitter Joel?
Old 12-16-2009, 09:36 PM
trophy
Race Car

Originally Posted by 993inNC
Do you do a GT2 splitter Joel?
+ 2
Old 12-16-2009, 09:42 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Originally Posted by gonzilla
Joel, very excited about this. I'm sure there are lots of us on here that will be anxious to see more of the RS bits!

Actually, the moment he takes the photo, the copyright applies automatically. There's no paperwork to file or anything like that. And the photographer holds the copyright until he dies or gives it away. Read up on the Berne Convention for more on this.

I'd suggest in the future, just ask if you want to use someone's photos. I'm sure many RL'ers would love their cars to be showcased on your page.

Oh yeah, and I'll be interested in GB prices too! Keep up the good work.
Thanks for the info on the copyright stuff, Bill & I have taken care of the misunderstanding and I fully agree that our IT guy should not have used the image without permission.

Now you guys will have to see a lot more photos of my 993RS clone.................LOL...............Joel
Old 12-17-2009, 12:24 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Originally Posted by Martin S.
He certainly cleared the air on the polyurethane products. I am interested in the group by for the side skirts...my factory RS skirts are tired...broken lots of the tabs off. I hope he isn't mad at me for some of my semi-snide remarks. I tarry
I actually don't get mad over stuff like this................I get even

Just kiddin' Martin....................Stay tuned for the pricing.

ZP44
Old 12-17-2009, 04:22 PM
DanQ
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 69 Posts

I'm interested in the group buy for the full euro RS kit. Splitters, side skirts and Wing. I'm assuming the price will be less than the $1299 price on the web site.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts
Default Pricing, is it good now?

Don't mean to be a buzz kill, but less than $1,299 for all three products, and we want it cheaper? Let's not grind the poor Zombie seller into oblivion. He has blood to buy!

The polyurethane front splitters from Porsche are at least $500, probably more, the side skirts close to $1,200, the tail, probably over $2,000. I have the Porsche factory front splitters and side skirts.

Got the polyurethane front splitters for longevity....they have worked out well. Got the polyurethane side skirts because they simply have not been available, regardless of material. I can see fiberglass side skirts breaking on a regular basis, don't want any fiberglass skirts. Got RS tail made of fiberglass...it was significantly cheaper than the factory tail, and out of any high probability impact area. The weight savings were not that significant for the money, in my opinion. It would be far cheaper for me to go on a personal diet and lose 30 Lbs.

Personally, if you can get all three for $1,299, this would be a deal in my humble opinion. If Zombie can make them cheaper and still stay in business, that will be great...the price is always what a willing buyer and a willing seller will agree to.

Quick Reply: GT3 Tek 993 RS Polyurethane front splitters?