Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

On my way to the smog referee station..

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 02:57 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 65 Posts
Default On my way to the smog referee station..

Here we go again.. lol..

I haven't even smog checked my car but know there is not a single iota of a chance in hell that it will pass. I just put a new battery in and as we all know, new or reset battery completely resets OBDII making emissions a small pain the butt.

But since I've been through this a few times before, I don't even bother waiting to fail smog. I just make an appointment with the referee station before I even bother trying to smog check.

They laugh and say, we can't give you an appointment, we have no record of your car failing smog yet.. I say, please, just give me the appointment, it will make it easier for both of us.. And strangely enough, they do.

So today, I have to go to a test only station, fail smog with my new battery and reset OBDII, and then I go directly to the Referee station where I already have an appointment... LOL.

The good news is, my car always runs clean as a whistle and passes referee with flying colors..

But I'm sure not going to bother trying to reset all the flags/codes.. That's twice the pain in the ***.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:07 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 65 Posts

Damn, damn, damn...

Referee station will no longer give a "J" pass to vehicles with OBDII codes that are faulted. We now have to go out and drive the car, with cpu and reset flags according to benchmarks..

Quick Reply: On my way to the smog referee station..