Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think I found my 993

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 05:25 AM
Warpig
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice looking car. I hope the PPI goes well. Arena Red is a great color. I believe I used the same buyers guide you are referring to and it has a wealth of good information in it. Really helped me along the way.

Good Luck

Nick
Old 09-29-2009, 07:00 AM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

looking forward to the latest news - best of luck
Old 09-29-2009, 12:49 PM
seattle993
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mwunder
I would love to tell the price, but I don't want to jinx it. I will share if/when the purchase goes through. However, I am happy with the negotiated price if the PPI goes well.

I find it a bit ironic that a Boxter shows up right when I took the picture. Man this color rocks...ok, I am bit old school.
Understand. Hope your PPI and purchase go well. Please share asking/purchase price with us when everything goes through if you don't mind. Good luck! Is this the one in SF craigslist?
Old 09-29-2009, 02:02 PM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Everyone knows arena red cars are the fastest. Arena red with black interior is a rare combo.
My interior is classic gray with the black deviating carpet option. Most interiors paired with arena red
are gray or cashmere. Good luck in your quest!
Old 09-29-2009, 02:25 PM
mwunder
Advanced

All confirmed and ready for PPI tomorrow. Will let everyone know what goes down. I am hoping for the best...probably will miss the hunt but my wife can't take it anymore. :-)

Thanks for all the compliments...I didn't realize black was so uncommon but come to think of it out of the 5 Arena Red's I saw this was the only one with black. I also hope that the light scratches will buff out...most looked just to be surface, didn't show any white. Even the ones with a bit of white didn't feel deep and I had buffed similar out on my black A8L...which is finding a new home as we speak.

By the way, my wife thinks I am geek about this car, well Porsche's in general. Some people just don't understand.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:10 PM
soltino
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make sure the paint is original.

tino
Old 09-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Bergamasco
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I would also get a well established appraiser to look it over thoroughly. They will see things that a mechanic will miss.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by The Brewmeister
Everyone knows arena red cars are the fastest. Arena red with black interior is a rare combo.
My interior is classic gray.............. Most interiors paired with arena red
are gray or cashmere. Good luck in your quest!
Here! Here! Best of luck to you and hope the PPI goes well!
Old 09-30-2009, 03:39 AM
mwunder
Advanced

From my examination, the paint looks original. No tape marks, undercarpet in bonnet looks all factory, no bolts with touch up, rock chips are consistent on the car, plus there are some small scratches that would not be there if there was paint. I am no expert, but feel pretty good about my examination on that. However, I don't have one of those expensive paint meters...even the bumper hasn't been touched up and that is usually first.

Never heard about using an appraiser before and don't think that I could arrange it...the seller has been very flexible and I feel good about the PPI (already saved me money on another purchase I almost did). By the way...THANKS Rennlisters for pounding home the fact to spend the little money on a PPI, it is so worth it! The independent who is doing it has been in business with Porsche's for 30 years and came recommended from another shop I trust.

Tick, tock, tick, tock...will know more tomorrow.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:57 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

From my examination, the paint looks original. No tape marks, undercarpet in bonnet looks all factory, no bolts with touch up, rock chips are consistent on the car, plus there are some small scratches that would not be there if there was paint. I am no expert, but feel pretty good about my examination on that. However, I don't have one of those expensive paint meters...even the bumper hasn't been touched up and that is usually first.

Never heard about using an appraiser before and don't think that I could arrange it...the seller has been very flexible and I feel good about the PPI (already saved me money on another purchase I almost did). By the way...THANKS Rennlisters for pounding home the fact to spend the little money on a PPI, it is so worth it! The independent who is doing it has been in business with Porsche's for 30 years and came recommended from another shop I trust.

Tick, tock, tick, tock...will know more tomorrow.
Great stuff. I've been watching (like many, I imagine) and hoping this works out well. I think you're playing it exactly by the (unwritten) book, so I hope this one works out.

Subjectively, I think the 993 C4S is the perfect late model 911. You get all the widebody chassis and brakes of the Turbo without the lag, plus it's easily converted to 2WD. It's a sleeper hotrod from the factory! : ) So I'm glad you've skipped the 996 and found the "real" 911 in the 993.

Now that I have a 997 C4S Cabrio, I can say the only car I wish Porsche had built (in modern times aside from the list of GT1, etc.) would be the 993 C4S Cabrio.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:52 AM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Subjectively, I think the 993 C4S is the perfect late model 911. You get all the widebody chassis and brakes of the Turbo without the lag
Phooey. Good things come to those who wait! Especially when we're talking about 408 good things.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:56 PM
mwunder
Advanced

Honestly, that kind of HP makes me nervous...but I very much appreciate those cars too!

It's in PPI and the tech already commented on the vehicle being nice.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:24 PM
seattle993
Intermediate

Honestly, that kind of HP makes me nervous...but I very much appreciate those cars too!

It's in PPI and the tech already commented on the vehicle being nice.

How did your PPI go today? We are all waiting here. Truely hope your purchase is going through. Good luck.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:04 AM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

I wish you the best of luck. Arena red is such a great color and I'm a black interior guy. Great combo in my opinion.
Hope it works out.
chuck
Old 10-01-2009, 12:08 AM
DaveM993
Drifting

Arena Red is #1.

Quick Reply: I think I found my 993