Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C2S vs. C4S ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Ed Burdell
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Tips don't suck (their torque converters do), but they lack the cachet. If you're into racing ricers from stop lights, then the tip hurts you by a second to 60. Otherwise, it's mighty convenient in city traffic. And I have plenty of speeding tickets to attest to the fact that tips are still plenty fast! Just drive in manual mode and keep your revs up to maintain the engine properly. Maintenance wise, tips are virtually bulletproof.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:13 AM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ifarmand
Thx all for the useful info. I have finally found a mint, low mile 993 rwd. But, guess what: it is a "tip-tronic". I don't intend to track it. Is this something I would regret later?
Is this a drive to work, deal with traffic, and cruise around car? Or do you want to extract performance from it? Have all your prior cars been manual?

Plenty of cars out there. do NOT buy what you don't absolutely LOVE....this is a buyer's market.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:06 AM
ifarmand
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This would be a cruise around car. All my 3 previous 911 Porsches have been manual. My other cars (non-Porsch) are manual too. After reading all the thread and related posts, I decided to wait and buy the C2S manual that I always wanted at the right price.
Thx for all the feedbaks guys and your inputs have been invaluable.
Long live Rennlist...

Quick Reply: C2S vs. C4S ?