Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 11:22 AM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by il pirata
Thanks again Bill!

Good question re retaining oe height. Will ask...if it works much cheaper than buying an RS side panel. I have been told they sell the rubber to Porsche. Here is a pic...cannot tell if the height is the same.
I wouldn't bother w/ an RS side panel, that's a lot of money for very little gain, the difference is just the rubber and some adjustment slots. If I've never needed the extra adjustment you won't either. I did install all new RS arms and hardware including the eccentrics, that was worthwhile, the arms mainly so that I had all new ball joints.

The Elephant bushes appear to space the suspension down just as much as oe.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:31 AM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Verburg
I wouldn't bother w/ an RS side panel, that's a lot of money for very little gain, the difference is just the rubber and some adjustment slots. If I've never needed the extra adjustment you won't either. I did install all new RS arms and hardware including the eccentrics, that was worthwhile, the arms mainly so that I had all new ball joints.

The Elephant bushes appear to space the suspension down just as much as oe.
I agree. The rear arms are an issue...you can get new rubber (or solids) on one end but the other end with some form of ball stud and spherical bearing components is not replaceable...or at least I have not found anybody doing it. Not to put words in someones mouth but one vendor says it cannot be done as the metal overlaps the components.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:30 PM
993KT
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, just got all new rear arms (RS lower A arm and camber link), new standard KT link, and planning to get the Rennline Toe Link. The car has 55k and I'd rather not risk having any ball joint issues later.

Going to the solid sub frame mount so I can get the back just a tad lower. I think those 15 year old rubber mount are expiring anyway.

I have RS engine mount already, but I think the solid mount might a bit much for a street car. Not sure what tran. mount I have. But I probably will get the engine carrier re-enforced at some point. Also not sure how critical that is.

BTW, looks like the entire world is out of the GT2 tie rods. Going with the RS rods for now (yes, I also have the RS wheel carrier). I know people are pinning the RS/Standard ones, but are there alternatives? I can't find any aftermarket ones. Maybe Rennline or Tarett should look into that.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:19 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by 993KT
BTW, looks like the entire world is out of the GT2 tie rods. Going with the RS rods for now (yes, I also have the RS wheel carrier). I know people are pinning the RS/Standard ones, but are there alternatives? I can't find any aftermarket ones. Maybe Rennline or Tarett should look into that.
GT2 Evo Ties Rods are history...although there is a rumor I saw somewhere that said they make be switching suppliers. In any case I am going with RS for now, between the harder rubber and a smaller ball area I am hoping that pinning is not required.

Tarrett makes a set.

http://www.tarett.com/items/993-964-...008-detail.htm

RS or Tarrett you will need the RS wheel carrier.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:29 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 371 Posts

GT2 Evo Ties Rods are history...although there is a rumor I saw somewhere that said they make be switching suppliers. In any case I am going with RS for now, between the harder rubber and a smaller ball area I am hoping that pinning is not required.

Tarett makes a set.

http://www.tarett.com/items/993-964-...008-detail.htm

RS or Tarett you will need the RS wheel carrier.
That Tarrett is only the adjustable outer, it replaces only the part of an RS tierod.

The rubber or mono-ball in the case of the GT2/RSR part is on the inner
top is stock bottom is GT2/RSR
Old 02-15-2013, 08:15 PM
993KT
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder if someone might be able to modify the RS ones by taking the inner apart and welding it together with the ball joint. Don't know if the weld will hold up to the force on tie rods though. Maybe FDM might be able to try that?
Old 03-11-2013, 11:45 AM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 125 Posts

Good question re retaining oe height. Will ask...if it works much cheaper than buying an RS side panel. I have been told they sell the rubber to Porsche. Here is a pic...cannot tell if the height is the same.
The height is factory, hell the rubber is factory.

Total BS. If they source from the factory that builds for Porsche since 1957, doesn't mean ER sells to Porsche.

I can assure you that the material ER sells, is the same as the factory source. Sole retailer in UK is Hartech, in France is Buser etc.

A few months back, they even had the factory catalog pictures on their site.
Now they took their own pictures and started printing their name on the bushes.

Good for them, everybody happy, But we are in 2013. The world is small, so nobody can BS nobody, and say they sell to porsche.
it's my own opinion.

Quick Reply: What does New RS suspension Cost?