Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

South bound and down.. she's gone.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 12:29 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 863 Likes on 438 Posts

It's gotta happen sometime. People buy a 993, other's move on and sell a 993. It's funny to me how amazed we are that anyone would ever sell their's. They're such awesome cars, but I may be in a similar position at some point next year as these other guys... selling mine. I hope I can pull a rabbit out of a hat, instead, and keep mine! (Making enough money at my new job to avoid this situation)
Old 09-11-2009, 02:45 AM
jtilden
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mission Accomplished

She made it safe and sound...my wife reports no dents dings or scrapes what-so-ever...she is very happy with the car and said it looks even better in person...excuse the Man-Cave, I will tend to it once again when i return...I have 82 days left here...I am sure they are going to creep by now

Old 09-11-2009, 03:05 AM
pcarhombre
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Comrade: Don't worry about the "open or shut case" of transport. In my case, the PO spoke of a meticulously maintained and babied auto. But in reality, I needed to do a full detail anyway. I chalk it up to the price of admission to one of the greatest dances left in the world next to the one you took on your wedding night. The most important thing is that you take care of yourself. Please be smart; come home safely so you can enjoy your family and your toy. What you are giving up by being there, many of us have also faced. The P-car will be just another feather in your cap! We salute you and wait to welcome you home with open arms.
Signed: A Vietnam Vet who has a drive to live and lives to drive!
Old 09-11-2009, 10:40 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 105 Likes on 83 Posts

I have had mine for sale, couple of offers but nothing I would take. Kind of on the fence on selling it. Honestly, not a finance thing just (wife) want something else. I have an RS America and LOVE IT even with no A/C and radio!! Would want an early 1969-72 car. Just love the classic look. Don't care about anything past 98 for sure, no matter how much better or faster just don't care. Don't get me wrong but if you were to show up to my home with a new Carrera, I would just say sweet. Then go back to doing homework with both my kids. Now, you show up with a 72, I stopping everything period!
Old 09-11-2009, 11:09 AM
jtilden
Racer

Originally Posted by atcbi5
I have had mine for sale, couple of offers but nothing I would take. Kind of on the fence on selling it. Honestly, not a finance thing just (wife) want something else. I have an RS America and LOVE IT even with no A/C and radio!! Would want an early 1969-72 car. Just love the classic look. Don't care about anything past 98 for sure, no matter how much better or faster just don't care. Don't get me wrong but if you were to show up to my home with a new Carrera, I would just say sweet. Then go back to doing homework with both my kids. Now, you show up with a 72, I stopping everything period!
ok....
Old 09-11-2009, 11:14 AM
techsis
Pro

Originally Posted by pcarhombre
Comrade: Don't worry about the "open or shut case" of transport. In my case, the PO spoke of a meticulously maintained and babied auto. But in reality, I needed to do a full detail anyway. I chalk it up to the price of admission to one of the greatest dances left in the world next to the one you took on your wedding night. The most important thing is that you take care of yourself. Please be smart; come home safely so you can enjoy your family and your toy. What you are giving up by being there, many of us have also faced. The P-car will be just another feather in your cap! We salute you and wait to welcome you home with open arms.
Signed: A Vietnam Vet who has a drive to live and lives to drive!
+1 ... Thanks to both of you!
Old 09-11-2009, 01:12 PM
993c2cab
Rennlist Member

glad to hear she made it safely and your wife approves. Don't hesitate to call with questions. Get home safely and enjoy the hell out of both of them. (wife and Car)
Old 09-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stace
When I drive my car at Mach 1 its pretty open to the elements!!!
+993.

I'm always wigged out a broom handle or something will fall on my car when it is the garage.

But when I'm driving the **** out of it on some wild *** back road you think I care what rocks, bugs, or road debris hits it? No way....too busy smilin' to care.

Quick Reply: South bound and down.. she's gone.