Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Post your pics here, starting pg 3! MD/DC/VA Rennlist "Meet & Drive" 9/13/09

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 02:36 PM
fraggle
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We did wick it up a bit there, didn't we.

I refuse to comment, confirm or deny any of Nathan's posts.

They are all lies, fantasies or flat dilusions.

Can't wait for the next drive.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:57 PM
wpriller
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great shots, thanks for sharing
Old 09-15-2009, 07:09 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 861 Likes on 437 Posts

Thanks alot, Peter, for that background info on your very mysterious Evans car. I had never heard of it before. What an awesome beast! I felt like I was in the presence of greatness when it pulled into our little Porsche "Meet". Great seeing you again. We plan to do another drive in November so hopefully we'll see you again soon in one car or another.

Cheers,
Steve R
Old 09-15-2009, 10:20 PM
tleaf321
Instructor

Originally Posted by mudbuddha
Hey Terry - I was behind you the whole time. Nice meeting you. I think we've met before at another gtg at maybe the milestone center a couple of years back and/or the last get together a few years back at the midpike location. Anyways, you and the red 928 were having a good time it seemed. You guys put down gobs of torque at each corners and bends...A few times, I wanted to really see what the 3L can do but then I quickly remember that the wife was next to me DOH!

I will be out of the country for most of Novemeber. The last weekend of November is the closest bet for me if you guys decided by then. But don't let me ruin the fun.
Hey Mudbuddha! It was good to see you as well. I think we have met before. I just don't remember where. You have one of the nicer 944 turbos in the DC, MD, VA area. We didn't get to talk before the run, but you were hanging in there very nicely. I understand about having wifey with you. She's no wimp though. I noticed you coming up fast in my rear view a few times. All good.
Yes, Fraggle and I were having a blast. We just needed a few more long wide straight roads. LOL.

Steve, as I said before......Let's do it again.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:23 PM
tleaf321
Instructor

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
Thanks again guys for the kind remarks, well wishes about my job situation, and paranoia... that I set off that speed camera!

I DID list on the sheet about the cameras on Glen Rd. Heck, if they put cameras on West Willard, we all would have been snagged doing ~60mph+ in a 30-35 zone. We'll keep that little tidbit a secret from our spouses and girlfriends, though. We want to let them think we're driving 100% responsibly 100% of the time out there.

If we did another "Meet" in November, which date is best for you guys that are still left hanging on this post:

11/1
11/8
or 11/29?

Those are the dates I could do it.

Steve R
Either date. I'll plan accordingly to be there.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:05 PM
cohare
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fraggle
What's up for sat? I have something scribbled on my calendar but have a bad case of crs.
The Chesapeake PCA autocross is saturday in sykesville if you are into that sort of thing..
Old 09-16-2009, 12:03 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will definitely come up on any day for another drive, but next time I want to be with the main pack, or at least following them...

By then I should have a few more goodies to show off... just ordered a new Intercooler today... and I should be able to finish my gauges by then...

I had a blast, and it was nice to get out and stretch her legs a little... 320 miles all said and done Sunday.. and a good meal to boot...

Quick Reply: Post your pics here, starting pg 3! MD/DC/VA Rennlist "Meet & Drive" 9/13/09