Sponsored by:

a/c recharging

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 02:30 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jmarch
As a reference point, I bought a New high quality Robinaire dual stage vacuum pump for $200 and spent another $100 for New Robinaire gauges/hoses/adaptors. For those of us with multiple cars, this investment will pay for itself rather quickly.

As a bonus, nobody but me is touching my car
Yep. Though all of my experience is with R12 cars (that's when I had my shop in Phoenix, think there was ever a demand for A/C work?). I bought the good vaccuum pump when my wife's BMW ate a compressor. Paid for itself right there. Hadn't used it again until last month when I did the 134 conversion on the quick and dirty when I put the RS America back on the street. Worth the crapshoot to do it myself, no way would I pay a shop, or shop rates, on a car that will get driven a couple of times a month now.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:31 AM
JM993
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by prshguy
Okay, I'm always looking for a good excuse to buy more tools, where is a good place to buy this Robiniare equipment?
Sounds like something I would say (and do).

Here's an ebay listing (no affiliation) to the same high quality Robinair pump I purchased. I purchased new from a pp on ebay, so I paid about $80 less. If you do go this route, please make sure you ask the seller to drain the pump before shipping or your new pump will make a mess of the box (ask me how I know).

Cheers,
Joe
Old 08-19-2009, 04:33 AM
JM993
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

opps, forgot the link (Robinair Model No 15434):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Robin...motiveQ5fTools

Quick Reply: a/c recharging