Sponsored by:

Heel and Toe?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 06:33 PM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin Keenan
...I find this difficult, because you are doing the opposite at high speeds/hard breaking. At higher speed/heavier breaking, you are putting more pressure on the break and usually a lighter tap to the throttle. Be careful not to release pressure of the break when trying to rock your foot over. ....
Agreed. The few times I have tried the heel and toe I came to the conclusion that it would be a lot easier with heavy braking and higher speeds like at the track.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

On my 993 I had to lower the brake pedal about 15 mm (easy to do by the way). Heel and toe is a misnomer. With my size ten feet my foot is on the brake pedal about 2/3rds of the way. Then I simply roll my foot to blip the gas.

Try this in your driveway or any flat surface. Car in neutral engine running. Move you foot part way onto the brake pedal press hard on the brakes and then roll your foot, i.e., twist it to the right to blip the gas. Practice til it becomes second nature.

I cannot Heel and Toe on the street because I never brake hard enough under normal conditions to get the brake and gas pedal aligned properly. On the track it is a different story.

Quick Reply: Heel and Toe?