Does Anyone Know This Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 09:47 PM
chaoscreature
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Does Anyone Know This Car

Dear Rennlist Members,
My wife and I have been searching for a Porsche to purchase as our entry into the PCA and autocrossing. We came across this 993 in the Autotrader and were hoping somebody here had some information or history on the car.
The VIN number is WPOAA299953320455
the car is black with a tan interior.
Please post if you know anything.
Thank You
- chaoscreature
Old 08-03-2009, 09:57 PM
chaoscreature
Burning Brakes

Oh,
the dealer is called "Motorcars of Celebration." If anyone has any gossip on the dealer I would appreciate that too. I don't mean to sound paranoid but this isn't a small investment for us. I plan on getting a PPI at Orlando Porsche if I go further with this, will they check for things like water damage, body repairs, etc? Is there anything else I should be looking into?
Thanks again!
Old 08-03-2009, 11:07 PM
black ice
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Something whacky with that VIN number you got there. Should have a couple letters at characters 10 and 11 - like an SS for a 95, TS for a 96(I think).

Don't know anything about Orlando Porsche but I sure wouldn't have taken a 993 to Reeves over in Tampa now that I know better. No expertise left in the shop on these cars. You might be better off at an independent that specializes, but see if you can get a reference.

Ask to see what kind of form they use to do the inspection and see if it makes you happy. I had Dave White do a PPI a long time ago. It was handwritten on notebook paper.

Use the search tool and look around on the forum. There are a kabillion threads on what to look for.

Good luck. Any photos of this car?

dave
Old 08-04-2009, 12:35 AM
chaoscreature
Burning Brakes

I cant figure out the poste picture thing, but here is the Autotrader.com car number.
AT-FCEB62E
Just paste that into Autotrader and the car pops up.
Anybody have recommendations for a Private Porsche service station near Orlando or Celebration Florida?
I will delve into the VIN number issues tomorrow.
Thank you for the reply Black Ice,
chaoscreature
Old 08-04-2009, 12:39 AM
chaoscreature
Burning Brakes

I realized I made a copying error with the VIN number.
It's WP0AA2999SS320455
Thanks again
Old 08-04-2009, 12:44 AM
kiesan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a nice black 993. I wonder why he describes the engine as running/performing suprisingly well, hmmm.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=10026064&ct=u

Seller's Description and Comments
THIS 1995 PORSCE 993 IS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION. iT IS BLACK AND IS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION. iT SHOULD PASS YOUR CLOSE INSPECTION. THE INTERIOR IS SAVANA BEIGE LEATHER AND IT SHOWS VERY LITTLE WEAR. ALL OF THE ELECTRIC AND ELETRONIC FEATURES ARE ALL IN GOO WORKING ORDER. THE ENGINE RUNS AND PREFORMS SURPRISINGLY WELL, AND I AM SURE YOU WILL AGREE. THE SIX SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION SHIFTS GOOD UP AND DOWN. THE TAIL ADDED TO THIS CAR REALLY SETS IT APART FROM THE REST OF THE CROWD. THE WHEELS ARE ALL IN GOOD CONDITION. THE TIRES AND BRAKES ARE IN GOOD CONDITION. iF YOU HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A NICE 993 AT A FAIR PRICE, I HAVE IT. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, PLEASE CALL ME AND I WILL BE GLAD TO ADDRESS ANY OF YOUR QUESTIONS. TOM SAINLAR, PROPRIETOR YOU CAN REACH ME AT 407-9528818

Old 08-04-2009, 08:22 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I dont think I would take it to Porsche of Orlando for a PPI. Go to Redbones or ZOTZ for the check.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:36 AM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 444 Likes on 278 Posts

This is a very early '95, probably made in mid-'94. It should have had its engine wiring harness replaced. Should not have SAI (a big +). Any dealer can plug in the VIN and get a computer read-out as to what may have been done on the car by Porsche dealers, which dealer sold the car originally, etc. Be sure to look for the white sticker under the trunk lid for list of options. Good Luck!
Old 08-04-2009, 08:42 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks like a nice car for the price, and it has been lowered already.

The pictures are not that great but it seems that at least the front driver seat has been re-covered.
Attached Images  
Old 08-04-2009, 10:44 AM
177mph
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 102 Posts

Actually the dealer says it "preforms" surprisingly well.....

and they are sure you will agree...

Originally Posted by kiesan
Looks like a nice black 993. I wonder why he describes the engine as running/performing suprisingly well, hmmm.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=10026064&ct=u

Seller's Description and Comments
THIS 1995 PORSCE 993 IS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION. iT IS BLACK AND IS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION. iT SHOULD PASS YOUR CLOSE INSPECTION. THE INTERIOR IS SAVANA BEIGE LEATHER AND IT SHOWS VERY LITTLE WEAR. ALL OF THE ELECTRIC AND ELETRONIC FEATURES ARE ALL IN GOO WORKING ORDER. THE ENGINE RUNS AND PREFORMS SURPRISINGLY WELL, AND I AM SURE YOU WILL AGREE. THE SIX SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION SHIFTS GOOD UP AND DOWN. THE TAIL ADDED TO THIS CAR REALLY SETS IT APART FROM THE REST OF THE CROWD. THE WHEELS ARE ALL IN GOOD CONDITION. THE TIRES AND BRAKES ARE IN GOOD CONDITION. iF YOU HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A NICE 993 AT A FAIR PRICE, I HAVE IT. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, PLEASE CALL ME AND I WILL BE GLAD TO ADDRESS ANY OF YOUR QUESTIONS. TOM SAINLAR, PROPRIETOR YOU CAN REACH ME AT 407-9528818

Old 08-04-2009, 10:52 AM
chaoscreature
Burning Brakes

Jimq,
I will call ZOTZ and Redbones this morning and see what they can do for me as far as a PPI.
Thank you all for all the helpful comments. I am nervous about this, the last car I bought out of state was... less than perfect. I am hoping the PPI will take some of this doubt away.
NC Trackrat, what is the benefit of NOT having SAI?
Thanks again,
Chaoscreature
Old 08-04-2009, 01:48 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 444 Likes on 278 Posts

SAI (Secondary Air Injection) includes an air pump and lines to the exhaust manifolds which can clog. In early OBD1 cars like this one, it's as useful as "**** on a Boar Hog" as we say down South. On OBD2 cars ('96 up), it can set off the CEL and cause much $$$$ to clean/correct. The early '95's don't have SAI, are OBD1and, very few had the dreaded IMMOBILIZER system, just a nice simple alarm that actuates when you lock the door manually. If the body, engine & drive train checks out, this could be a very enjoyable Porsche.
Old 01-30-2020, 10:44 AM
Catalano.p.j
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever end up buying this car? It is on copart right now.
https://www.copart.com/lot/28571260
Old 02-10-2020, 07:11 AM
O3d
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Catalano.p.j
Did you ever end up buying this car? It is on copart right now.
https://www.copart.com/lot/28571260
lol, dont ask him abt his lost.

Quick Reply: Does Anyone Know This Car