Sponsored by:

C4S - 996 Turbo Twists Track Tire Options

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 11:45 PM
jaholmes
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C4S - 996 Turbo Twists Track Tire Options

I am looking at getting a set of 996 Hollow spoke TT-Twists for some track tires. Now I need to figure out what is the best Dot-R size tire combo. Only reason for the 996 TT's is the price compared to new BBS or Fikse's.

One option that comes up often is 235's and 295's. Where I get lost is the where the AWD comes in as far as tire size goes. I think there are some other good tire options like 245's in the front but they are harder to find in the right size to match the rear. Then there is the 305 and 315, and the NA C4S really handle these tires. Hopefully I can dial-out the understeer with RS sways in the rear.

The tires I am looking at are the Yoko's AD08 and the Toyo-888. R6's are low on the list because I would like to drive to the track.

Any help would be great.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

235/295 is pretty good! I think it's a lot of tire for a stock car. Then when you factor in R compounds, you will be hard pressed to get the car out of shape.

Mine will rub a bit on the front with my 235s, if there is a bump in the turn.

If you go on TR web page, under the tech specs of the tires you will see the real size & revs per mile of the tires. This will help you select the proper sizes for the AWD system.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:35 PM
jaholmes
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stealth 993
235/295 is pretty good! I think it's a lot of tire for a stock car. Then when you factor in R compounds, you will be hard pressed to get the car out of shape.

Mine will rub a bit on the front with my 235s, if there is a bump in the turn.

If you go on TR web page, under the tech specs of the tires you will see the real size & revs per mile of the tires. This will help you select the proper sizes for the AWD system.
Thanks, I was looking at TR as well as yoko's and toyo's sites for the real tire sizes. It's my understanding that the front needs to be a bit bigger then the rear.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:46 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by jaholmes
Thanks, I was looking at TR as well as yoko's and toyo's sites for the real tire sizes. It's my understanding that the front needs to be a bit bigger then the rear.
That's news to me, my understanding was they should be the same size, or very close to it, something like 4%?

The size difference will change the AWD distribution. Either giving more front or rear bias. I do think if you have a bigger front, it will put more bias on the rear. Torque will be put to the faster moving wheel. Maybe that was the reason?

Quick Reply: C4S - 996 Turbo Twists Track Tire Options