Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airbag light - How do you check the clock spring?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 03:58 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbag light - How do you check the clock spring?

Hi guys,

The previous owner had removed the airbag wheel and clock spring and fitted a Momo wheel along with the resistor etc. The wheel wasn't to my liking so I removed it and put it back to factory.

Now the airbag light is on and the Durametric can't clear the fault code? Where the 4 wires had been cut I joined them with a wiring block in-case I wanted o revert back to a race wheel at some stage. Could the wiring block cause a drop in voltage or is it likely to be the clock spring.

If it is the clock spring how do I check if its stuffed? Dealer wants $550NZD for the silly thing Also how the heck to you set the things up. I read the instructions on the face of the unit but I must admit it did seem like a bit of a riddle two turns, then line up the >< etc etc.

Any advice appreciated. KCG.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:33 PM
phoneyman
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey Kiwi,
Im currently running into the same problem you described above about the "instructions" on the clock spring. Did you ever figure out how to orient the top of the clock spring before putting the wheel on?
TIA
Old 12-15-2013, 05:07 PM
Garth S
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Read post 6 in this thread on clock spring & toe in set up ..... it's an oldie, but still works
Old 12-15-2013, 05:27 PM
phoneyman
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks Garth! Couldn't find that while searching. I think I got everything done correctly. Now on to other issues! (Rear blower fan wont turn off)
Old 02-16-2014, 11:46 PM
jlenze
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do I remove the lower wires on a 1995 c2 tip 993 clock spring. Does it push thru like the upper one and is there a clip like on the upper.

Please help!!

Quick Reply: Airbag light - How do you check the clock spring?