993 Forum 1995-1998

CD player question??

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 09:12 AM
95 NC 993
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default CD player question??

Now that I have my CD changer hooked up in the trunk (still lacking the cartridge inside) I tried pushing the CD button on the main radio unit and the display indicator doesn't light up showing CD mode. The AM/FM and TAPE modes light up and work fine but no CD indication when I push the CD button. It just stays on FM or TAPE or whatever the last preference was. Is it possible the display won't come on without the cartridge inside the changer? Or is my CD changer bad?? Could someone possibly check for me if you have the CD changer in the trunk. If your CD indicator comes on without the cartridge inside then obviously mine doesn't work. I have a '95 with model CDC-1 as the changer. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
Old 07-25-2009, 12:11 PM
porscheralph
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts

I just tried mine - I get a message on the radio display that says "No magazine in CDC". I have a CDR 210 radio and a CDC-2 in my 97 so it may be different. Try checking the connection at the radio - it may have come loose when you re-installed the radio in the dash. Good luck
Old 07-25-2009, 07:36 PM
95 NC 993
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you for taking the time to check. That doesn't sound good for me. I would think mine should say the same as yours but maybe someone else can check for me, someone that has the same CDC-1 unit.

Quick Reply: CD player question??