993 Forum 1995-1998

OT: Family vacation in Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by CAHRERA
I kind of knew they were doing some big changes there. It got so touristee that the reefs were getting torn up. I heard they even closed the bay for period of time. Not sure if they really did or not. I remember going there alot as a kid. Back in Da-day.
Don't know if they actually closed it, but they put heavy restrictions on feeding the fish, and did a campaign to inform people about keeping off the reefs etc...

A couple of people died from injuries out at the bowl, so it is off limits now. The reef is coming back, so it is working.

When I was a kid in the 70s, there was just the parking lot and the road down.

It was fun bringing my kids there the other day. They are surfing down by the Royal Hawaiian as I type.

Aloha!
Old 07-03-2009, 10:18 PM
WPOZZZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Hanauma Bay is closed on Tuesdays for cleaning/maintenance of the park.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:20 PM
WPOZZZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AGC
Guys,

I have been thinking about going to Hawaii this August for about 10 days, I have two boys ages 6 and 4. My wife and I have never been to Hawaii and wanted to know where to go/stay. We don't really want to be in the big city, but also don't want to be in the middle of no where.

Any auggestions

Thanks in advance
What dates will you be on Oahu? PCA Hawaii will be holding their annual Labor Day Car Show on Sept 7th.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:55 PM
TYNUSKT
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bringing this thread back to life.

Just got back from my first trip to Hawaii and it was awesome. Stayed a week in Maui (Wailea) and a week in Kauai. Had spectacular weather and the outdoor activities (especially in Kauai) were fantastic. Did some biking, helicopter tour, ziplining, ATV tour, and arranged for some private hikes. I can't say enough about my trip there and now that I have been I am ready to go back. I do want to see the Big Island next time for sure.

Got really into paddle boarding every morning while I was there. Don't see much of that in our area up on the mid-atlantic beaches. I loved it so much i'm going to be purchasing a board and paddle so on the mornings when I am up at our beach house in Delaware I can get out on the water.

Fantastic trip and just an awesome place.

Quick Reply: OT: Family vacation in Hawaii