Sponsored by:

Airbag safety

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Shake
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbag safety

I've been thinking about airbags lately, and have been hearing some messed up things about them. This guy that lives down the street's airbag went off from a minor fender bender, and the airbag did "damage" to his eye, and after several surgeries, they don't know if he'll be able to ever see again out of that eye.

That guy on youtube "davidsfarm" explodes an airbag and completely destroys a refrigerator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvNTXykDT3c

With these small, yet powerful, explosive devices sitting about a foot and a half away from our faces, it makes me consider disabling it purposely in my car.

What are your guys thoughts on airbag safety?
Old 06-12-2009, 03:19 PM
craig001
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

According to the books, you should have the dealer/authorized tech check them ecery two years and replace them at 15 years. Don't know anyone who who has done that becasue the book said to, but when I moved to the RUF/Atiwe wheel in my 964 it came with an airbag. Never touched the passenger side though. You can disable, measure resistance and then put a resistor in-line to fool the warning system. I would guess there are threads galore on this.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:50 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

check with your insurance before disabling it. You may have a problem if in a crash and its not there.

Quick Reply: Airbag safety