Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

change out rear seatbelt buckle receptacle?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 09:52 PM
jimhsu
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default change out rear seatbelt buckle receptacle?

I would like to change out the super-long rear seat belt buckle receptacle piece to something shorter so that my daughter can use the seat without using any booster seat. The small size of the rear seat is perfect for her....except the piece you snap the buckle into is twice as it should be long.

I am however having a rough time finding that part on Porsche and other auto sites.

Does anyone have a suggestion on where to look?

Can I put the receptacle from other makes there? It seems to be a metal cable with an eyelet, and I can just put the piece in and use the same screw/bolt.

Thanks!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:59 AM
Bmk3
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump- I am having the same issue, even with the Porsche booster in the back of my 993. It fits perfect but the length of the recepticle is twice as long as it needs to be. The belt works, but the angle and fitment would be better if the recepticle was shorter. I've asked the dealer to pull a schematics on all pre 2000 Porsche cars and all seem to be longer. I wonder who the manufacturer was and if there is a shorter belt recelticle from a mid 90's benz, VW, or Audi that would work. A 996 would be perfect but the male 993 is not compatible, too big.

Quick Reply: change out rear seatbelt buckle receptacle?