Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

OT: Our new home in the archipelago

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 02:53 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,007 Likes on 1,776 Posts

Congratulations Juha, sounds and looks like a beautiful place. Those x-pipes are getting to see the world; CA, BC, FL and now Finland. I hope they're still on the car?
Old 06-02-2009, 03:22 AM
c993k
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks too peaceful! Very nice Juha! Have great time, see you at Hooters soon!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Very cool Jussi! Man that looks like a great spot!

I'd say only bitch is the gravel road (when it's wet and you're driving your 993 home and the dirt, gravel...) but go and try to buy it with the lot quickly!

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
What's the roof ladder for?
It's for climbing to the roof to lay there naked and bask in sun...

It's mandatory and mostly for the chimney cleaner (and to just go on the roof to check things out), I just had to install one more flat ladder that lays on the roof for safe walking in my house in Finland (it has 2 chimneys) because the chimney guy said he's too old to risk walking on the roof without the ladder anymore...
Old 06-02-2009, 09:49 AM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Nice digs.... however, you don't need to go all the way to Finland for that type of view. This is the view from my front porch (and I'm in Northern New Jersey, less than an hour drive to New York City.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:10 AM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Juha G
This is actually not a lake. It's the Baltic Sea. So I have almost a direct access to the Atlantic Ocean from my backyard.
so you can just jump in a boat and commute to Florida congrats - just beautiful
Old 06-02-2009, 12:14 PM
V
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful Juha, looks just like home . I need to get my *** over there, please let me know when the sauna is ready
Old 06-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Akerlie
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a great place Must take a road trip to Finland some day
Old 06-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Luus
Pro

Very nice!! Enjoy!
Old 06-03-2009, 05:55 AM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Louis J.
Congratulations Juha, sounds and looks like a beautiful place. Those x-pipes are getting to see the world; CA, BC, FL and now Finland. I hope they're still on the car?
Of course they are on the car! I was just recently at a track day was measured 112dB @ 4,000rpm.

Originally Posted by c993k
It looks too peaceful! Very nice Juha! Have great time, see you at Hooters soon!
Next time I'm there, I'll call everyone up for Porches, hooters and wings.

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Very cool Jussi! Man that looks like a great spot!

I'd say only bitch is the gravel road (when it's wet and you're driving your 993 home and the dirt, gravel...) but go and try to buy it with the lot quickly!
The gravel road is just 150m long so no worries. After that it is proper paved road (Windy as hell, so my 993 loves it).
If you're flying over during the summer, drag your *** over here and we'll go fishing!

Originally Posted by ninjabones
Nice digs.... however, you don't need to go all the way to Finland for that type of view. This is the view from my front porch (and I'm in Northern New Jersey, less than an hour drive to New York City.
WOW!!!

Originally Posted by vhanzon
Beautiful Juha, looks just like home . I need to get my *** over there, please let me know when the sauna is ready
Just give me a call when you're on the ferry and I'll heat up the Sauna.
I actually had dinner with the board of directors of Waxholmsbolaget the other day (in Finland though). They insisted I take my wife and do some cruising with their vessels this summer in the Stockholm area.

Originally Posted by Akerlie
Looks like a great place Must take a road trip to Finland some day
Pick up Viggo on the way and come over. I have 3 extra bedrooms so you can stay with us and Alastaro race track is just 1hour drive from my house. There is allways cold beer in the fridge and whiskey in the minibar
Old 06-03-2009, 09:28 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just give me a call when you're on the ferry and I'll heat up the Sauna.
I actually had dinner with the board of directors of Waxholmsbolaget the other day (in Finland though). They insisted I take my wife and do some cruising with their vessels this summer in the Stockholm area.
I might just do that. If not this summer then next. I'm going to the US on friday and have had this trip planned for a long time.. Otherwise I would have been in Lahti during the 12th and 13th of June. One of my best friends (Pierre Lundin) is racing there in the F1 world series (boats). I really recommend going there, it's quite a show!

Give me a call if you will visit the Swedish archipelago! I will be here from June 20th to August 15th: working in Sthlm during the weeks and I will be in the archipelago on the weekends!

Pick up Viggo on the way and come over. I have 3 extra bedrooms so you can stay with us and Alastaro race track is just 1hour drive from my house. There is allways cold beer in the fridge and whiskey in the minibar
I've been meaning to hook up with Akerlie as well. Maybe we should do a nordic RL minimeet?
Old 06-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

...The gravel road is just 150m long so no worries. After that it is proper paved road (Windy as hell, so my 993 loves it).
If you're flying over during the summer, drag your *** over here and we'll go fishing!...
Even better! I wonder if you can you install FIA curbing along the paved road..?

Stopping by would be really cool. Let's see how hectic my time there will be (it's short...), I'm at the airport now, will tool around Europe first though but in few weeks I'll call.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:55 PM
MrRoboto
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, so much space! Very nice man, enjoy your new home in good health!
Old 06-03-2009, 06:17 PM
ironimages
Three Wheelin'

Looks very peaceful! Congrats...
Old 06-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Ocean Blue C2S
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Juga H.

What a great spot... it exudes the peace and tranquility we need... after a "spirited drive" of course! that location looks just like some of our spots in Canada... same latitude perhaps... but you are in the country of a thousand lakes ( I have heard). I only wish :-(

cheers from Canada!

Bert
Old 06-03-2009, 06:53 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
What's the roof ladder for?
Shovel the snow off the roof I guess.

That's a beautiful place! Congrats!

Quick Reply: OT: Our new home in the archipelago