Sponsored by:

Just got my Dach X-pipe ceramic coated

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 07:24 PM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my Dach X-pipe ceramic coated

I love they way it looks in satin black Unfortunately there was a little bend in one end that I did not notice until I picked it up. Is the bend going to give me any problems?

thanks for any input.
dto
Attached Images   
Old 05-21-2009, 09:46 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

That looks lethal!

Andreas
Old 05-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Michaelc
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought the same piece from Chris and when it arrived it had the same damage. I spoke with him directly and he said if nothing could be done he would repalce it. I was able to snag an exhaust flair tool from our fleet shop and very gently massaged it back to round. I emailed pictures to Chris and he was impressed with the repair. Based on your picture, it is an easy fix even if you need to take it to your local exhaust shop. They should be able to massage it back with no stress or metal fatigue.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:12 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

...........or simply take a small hammer and tap on the edge to round it back out......won't hurt a thing. Any local muffler shop can "bump" it back out for you too. I've started having the boxes marked "fragile" since this seems to be becoming a regular thing. Postal guys must be throwing those boxes around pretty good, you don't kink a pipe like that lightly!

That does look very cool btw question.....did they cover the O2 holes or re chase them once coated? I would be, albeit mildly, concerned that you'd have fit issue this respect to the O2's if the coating is to thick.
If the "DACH" and serial number is not visible on the badge, you may want to re-chase the holes with the appropriate thread tap

Last edited by 993inNC; 05-22-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:55 PM
jaholmes
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 993inNC
...........or simply take a small hammer and tap on the edge to round it back out......won't hurt a thing. Any local muffler shop can "bump" it back out for you too. I've started having the boxes marked "fragile" since this seems to be becoming a regular thing. Postal guys must be throwing those boxes around pretty good, you don't kink a pipe like that lightly!

That does look very cool btw question.....did they cover the O2 holes or re chase them once coated? I would be, albeit mildly, concerned that you'd have fit issue this respect to the O2's if the coating is to thick.
It doesn't matter if it says FRAGILE 5 million times on the box, they will still kick it around and trop it on it's end. USPS is the worst at this.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:25 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Two taps with a hammer will do the trick. Good as new.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:00 AM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jaholmes
It doesn't matter if it says FRAGILE 5 million times on the box, they will still kick it around and trop it on it's end. USPS is the worst at this.
I may agree with the first part, but UPS is the worst, which is one of the reasons I switched to USPS. Its only been somewhat recent that I'm getting more word of abuse (I ask most of my customers what shape the box is in when they get it). Luckily, they all go out insured, so I'm not to worried about it
Old 05-22-2009, 12:04 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
That looks lethal!

Andreas
Bet it sounds even more lethal!
Old 05-22-2009, 12:10 AM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 993inNC
I may agree with the first part, but UPS is the worst, which is one of the reasons I switched to USPS. Its only been somewhat recent that I'm getting more word of abuse (I ask most of my customers what shape the box is in when they get it). Luckily, they all go out insured, so I'm not to worried about it
The box did not look that bad I am surprised they got bent. It is possible the that the powder coater dropped it
Old 05-22-2009, 12:12 AM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by AOW162435
That looks lethal!

Andreas
I need some black RSR's and Wide Ovals from Darin and I will be all set.

-dto

Quick Reply: Just got my Dach X-pipe ceramic coated