Sponsored by:

$15 Tire Mounting and Roadforce Balance

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Derick 930
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $15 Tire Mounting and Roadforce Balance

I just had 2 tires dismounted, mounted and Hunter Roadforce balanced by The Wheel Doctor in Elmsford, NY for $15 a piece! This recession does have its good points.
They also do wheel straightening and crack repair. For all interested, their number is (914) 592-7045.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 149 Posts

and they didn't turn your wheels into Hamburger Helper?
Old 05-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Derick 930
Intermediate

Go to Hunter.com and look at the video for the Auto34. Its the newest touchless tire machine and supposed to be the best of the best. I was told it costs $36K! Nothing touches your wheel; not the installer nor the machine.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:55 PM
boulderbobo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Derick 930
Go to Hunter.com and look at the video for the Auto34. Its the newest touchless tire machine and supposed to be the best of the best. I was told it costs $36K! Nothing touches your wheel; not the installer nor the machine.
I watched the vid. Looks like your basic tire mounting with fancy paint. Did I miss something
Old 05-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Derick 930
Intermediate

Well boulderbobo, I was pleasently suprised to see there was no bead-breaking shovel on the side of the machine to destroy the silicone that seals the barrel of my HRE's as every other tire machine in a 30 mile radius has done. Also, there is no bar that the installer had to force between the tire and my polished lip (which usually mars or gouges it) in order to take the tire off.
I originally paid over $5k for my 19" 545 HRE's which have been damaged consistantly by inadequate tire machines. When I got a tip that this guy was getting the Auto34 I literally slept by his door!
Old 05-14-2009, 10:44 PM
simpsoap
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Perhaps it was the shops you were going to in the past, but I have never seen a shop have to use a bar to force the tire off the rim. That would terrify me!!! Anyway, glad you were able to get things handled and your wheels didn't get damaged in the process.

Andy
Old 05-14-2009, 10:49 PM
boulderbobo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing touches your wheel; not the installer nor the machine.
Well boulderbobo, I was pleasently suprised to see there was no bead-breaking shovel on the side of the machine to destroy the silicone that seals the barrel of my HRE's as every other tire machine in a 30 mile radius has done. Also, there is no bar that the installer had to force between the tire and my polished lip (which usually mars or gouges it) in order to take the tire off.
I originally paid over $5k for my 19" 545 HRE's which have been damaged consistantly by inadequate tire machines. When I got a tip that this guy was getting the Auto34 I literally slept by his door!
Derick, sorry to hear of your previous tire mounting experience and misfortune. I'm happy you have found someone who meets your tire mounting needs.

When I read your post you said that neither man nor machine touches the wheel. Obviously both do.

You don't need a state of the art machine to mount a tire on a nice wheel. You just need to find someone who knows what they are doing. I still contend that most reputable tire shops have a "guy" that they task with mounting higher end wheels. Yes, you usually have to ask for the "guy". And, I always watch the "guy" mount and balance my wheels. I alway remind them that they are very nice wheels in perfect condition and I expect them to stay that way.

BTW, the shop that does mine, will completely straighten and refinish wheels for <$100/wheel. 100% satisfaction guaranteed.

They mount and balance for $10/wheel.

He doesn't have a fancy "no touch" machine

Quick Reply: $15 Tire Mounting and Roadforce Balance