Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Would love to see pics of RH P-3.6 wheels on c2cab or narrow body

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 12:21 AM
aminewyork
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Update : I posted earlier that the first set of rims leaked air. I just got a brand new set put on today. No leaks!

Only downside is that my back tires rub a bit.. the right rear more than the left. Guess I'll end up rolling the fenders after all. With the holiday weekend coming, I might attempt this myself. I searched past posts on this subject and I think I can do this on my own. I'll purchase a heat gun tomorrow.

Question.. since my car is quite low, I don't know if a baseball bat will fit. I read some people have jacked up their car a bit to add space to fit the bat in between the tire and fender. I guess I could also cut off the handle of the bat and use the lower part that has the smaller circumference as I think I read a post where someone did that as well.

Thoughts?
Old 07-02-2009, 12:49 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, cut off the handle end...and cut off enough so that you can not only use the skinny part but can also go up towards the thicker part of the bat. If you leave too much of the handle on, then then as you try to use the thicker part the handle end will hit the upper inside of the fender.

You need two people to do this...one to push the car or roll it in gear and the other to work the bat. Also, it helps if you go for a spirited drive prior as that will warm the fenders up quite a bit so the heat guy has less work to do. It's also not a bad idea to wash the fender lip so there is less grime...otherwise the bat might slip a bit as your are rolling it. Start slowly with just small pressure and just go over it a few times...there are only a small area that you need to fully roll. And the only place you need to concentrate the heat gun is at the crease of the fender as that is where the paint is more likely to crack.

Good luck

Originally Posted by aminewyork
...since my car is quite low, I don't know if a baseball bat will fit. I read some people have jacked up their car a bit to add space to fit the bat in between the tire and fender. I guess I could also cut off the handle of the bat and use the lower part that has the smaller circumference as I think I read a post where someone did that as well....
Old 07-02-2011, 02:04 PM
specialeed
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tribute Car

Update : I posted earlier that the first set of rims leaked air. I just got a brand new set put on today. No leaks!

Only downside is that my back tires rub a bit.. the right rear more than the left. Guess I'll end up rolling the fenders after all. With the holiday weekend coming, I might attempt this myself. I searched past posts on this subject and I think I can do this on my own. I'll purchase a heat gun tomorrow.

Question.. since my car is quite low, I don't know if a baseball bat will fit. I read some people have jacked up their car a bit to add space to fit the bat in between the tire and fender. I guess I could also cut off the handle of the bat and use the lower part that has the smaller circumference as I think I read a post where someone did that as well.

Thoughts?
After seeing this tread, I made some similar mods to my wife's 993 cab; namely 3.6 RH wheels, Billstein PSS10s, 200 cell cats, FD Mufflers, "Big-red" brake kit and some minor stuff - enjoy!
Attached Images   
Old 07-02-2011, 03:37 PM
cpdjfd107
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^^^^
That's a nice black cab. Somehow my opinion may be biased...
Old 07-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Oz-ATL
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the rims on last night and I am thoroughly satisfied.

Here are some prelim shots. Forgive the crappy pics ... this is right after picking it up last night and it was raining. Hopefully I can do a wash and proper pics
We have very similar garage occupants. Nice pics!
Old 07-02-2011, 06:32 PM
dpowell
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had mine for years - just powdercoated the middle pieces. The rim isn't clean but it gives you an idea. I'm really happy with the results.

Name:  250158_2172336267337_1214672515_2684468_4842752_n.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  79.5 KB
Old 07-02-2011, 09:53 PM
jim dorociak
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Another nice option is the Speedline Daytona, or the Speedline Alessio wheels. I have a set of either available for a custom build. Jim jdorociak@gmail.com
Attached Images   
Old 07-03-2011, 09:06 AM
ble2011
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I was going to ask how you fit that size tire on a NB, but as I read on, you did experience some rubbing. I wanted larger tires, but had to stick to factory size to avoid any rubbing. As you can see, they are almost even with the lip. I love my wheels, but they do not have the fancy linage as yours. Please ignore the mess in the garage. This pic was taken in early spring and was in the middle of cleaning up. Couldn't wait to get the wheels on till the garage was done!
Attached Images  
Old 07-10-2011, 02:41 AM
specialeed
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Black Cabs

Originally Posted by cpdjfd107
^^^^^^
That's a nice black cab. Somehow my opinion may be biased...
There's a few around! We all agree on a great look!

Quick Reply: Would love to see pics of RH P-3.6 wheels on c2cab or narrow body