Collective Advice - Thoughts on Price

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Ash
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Collective Advice - Thoughts on Price

It seems like there's a few of these threads going on and I apologize in advance for adding another to the pile....this forum has been the best and a big reason why I've enjoyed 993 ownership so much.

It's come to that time where I'm thinking of consolidating my PCars into something new. My wife doesn't really drive all that much since work is very close for her..which leaves me to the 3 cars...sadly the 993 isn't getting driven as much. I'm feeling things out a bit right now...there's no real urgency to sell the car.

Given the current climate, I'm wondering if $24,000 would be a reasonable price...I'd prefer to just name a number and stick to it since negotiation generally tires me out (I like knowing exactly what I'm going to pay and that's that). Here are the specs on the car:

1997 993 C2 - coming up on 110,000 miles
PSS9 Coilovers
TRG bars front and back
RS Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel (installed around 80k miles)
Fabspeed exhaust
18" RH Alurad Rims
Aluminum finish on the gear shift lever and trim rings around the speedo
Techart Pedals
Euroturbo Front Bumper
RS1B sideskirts
I also have a set of painted brake ducts with the integrated fog lights which I never installed

Local car with all maintenance records - during my tenure, Viperbob did most of the maintenance followed up by Tony Heyer at Heyer Performance (after Bob left the Bay Area)

The car has had the SAI ports done (at around 66,000 miles) under warranty from Porsche - I have receipts outlining all that work

Only accident claim - when I blew a tire and it partially came off the rim catching the lip on the rear passenger wheel well and crimping it and the panel in front of the wheel well. Repairs were done by Carlson Body Shop here in Palo Alto - receipts for work in hand.
There are also some requisite rock chips on the front hood...commensurate with a car that has seen alot of road time.

In general, I've taken very good care of this car and attend to maintenance pre-emptively....if you've made it this far, you guys think this price is fair? too high? too low?
Old 05-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Reddy Kilowatt
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you sure you didn't mean to ask what a fair price for the Cayman is?

Just kidding, I love Caymans too. Your price seems more than fair to me, especially if you don't want to negotiate. I would have paid that price, contingent upon PPI and a test drive.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:38 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Seems fair.

Andreas
Old 05-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Price seems right. Good luck, seems like a very nice car.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:55 AM
VMXWinn
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the RS1B side skirts. Where did you get them?

Thanks
Darren
Old 05-11-2009, 05:18 AM
Ash
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Re. the Cayman...if I consolidate to a new car, I will probably let go of that one as well...essentially we'll become a 2 car family...the choice of what car to consolidate to is a whole other topic. The Cayman has been a fun car...absolutely a blast to drive at the track. Tough decision to let go of either Pcar though..with the sunny day today, I had a chance to head out for a drive in the 993...love that car and it would be hard to part with it.

Re. the RS1B sideskirts...I got them brand new off of Ebay...
Old 05-11-2009, 08:36 AM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

$24,000 is an absolute steel for that car. Given the upgrades, I would ask $27,500.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:54 AM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree, good price... nice car

GL with the sale!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Sounds like a good price...you might want to clarify what "SAI ports done" means...did they flush the ports, or take the engine apart and clean them, or ream them out larger, or do a valve job to stop the problem, or ...... :-)

Quick Reply: Collective Advice - Thoughts on Price