How to fix a wreck at home 101.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 02:57 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gasser
Well, I had a stock bumper I got from a salvage yard and I already had to repair some cracks in it and got a smoking deal on some corner lights and bumperetts to finish it off. If I filled them in I would have had to buy more lights and Im on a tight racing budget...

Did you notice I removed the sprayerss on the hood as well?
Well done all around. A good deal is reason enough to keep the bumperettes..
Old 04-23-2009, 02:58 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ooops... I'd missed the hood sprayer delete... makes it even better.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:27 AM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Gasser
ninjabones, your car looks awsome for sure.... Id like to see more pics of your car Ninjabones...

Here's another taste... unfortunately, the only pics of I have are with the cup wheels and before the vinyl
Attached Images   
Old 04-23-2009, 10:34 AM
eloyex
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

ohh .. yeahh !!
sure .. a DIY ..
something everybody can do on spare time .. !!!

haha .. amazing job .. !!!
wish i could do it !!
Old 04-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjabones
Here's another taste... unfortunately, the only pics of I have are with the cup wheels and before the vinyl
Nice, How do you like your seat? I need a new one and want a halo seat. I have lost 55 pounds and need a much smaller seat.

Second, I love the RS side skirts. I need to find a set of those and put them on my car in silver. Would look cool with my race scheme...

Love your cage, looks like mine...
Old 04-23-2009, 05:56 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Piper cage... did a phenomenal job. I'll go through the list of mods from the last 10 months when I have a chance to create a formal reveal post.

The seat is a SPG Pro Racer Hans.... much much narrower than the SPG XL that it replaced (now in the hands of Bill V). I need a shoe-horn to get my butt into the seat and adjusting my lap harness is next to impossible. I lost almost 25 lbs this winter... no chance I would have fit last year. There is literally no movement in the seat at all... very nice and secure, but a tad uncomfortable. I do get some bruising along my ribs after a DE weekend, but it sure does feel nice and secure with the high side bolsters. The head containment portion takes a bit to get used to... especially when trying to back out of a paddock space. I bought an Allview mirror, which has helped a lot with visibility. Overall, I'm happy with the transition given the evolving mission of this vehicle and have accepted the invevitable compromise in comfort required to get a proper fit in a racing seat.

I'm still looking for a better solution for my side net. I have the front anchored to my cage knee-bar and the angle is a bit low. I''ll eventually try to run it through the air vent or stereo slot. Just need to figure out a way to anchor it.

The seat was moved about 2" toward the tunnel. Basically Mitch Piper welded the Recaro sidemounts onto the sliders but over about 2" to center the seat on the pedals and steering wheel. This was a huge improvement.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

I am impressed. Well done.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:14 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by simpsoap
That takes some talent and patience. Congrats on a job very well done. The end result looks amazing!
+1

Andreas

Quick Reply: How to fix a wreck at home 101.