Sponsored by:

993 Suspension questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 09:23 PM
rgreeny
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 993 Suspension questions

I have a 96 coupe that I have just put PSS10 and TRG sways front and rear. I am driving DEs and need to know when to adjust shocks either tighter or looser (front or rear) and when to adjust the sways (front and rear).

I set the shocks at 7-fronts, 9- rear and the sways are set in the middle hole for the track.

I am looking for another DE driver or racer to help me.

I have try to find info on line, but have not had good results.

Thanx in advance.

Rob
Old 04-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Drive it around a few times, if you like it leave it. If you don't like, adjust it. Just do one thing at a time.

On my car, I wanted far less understeer, to get the car to rotate faster. Mine are set 2 front & 10 rear. But I need a more aggressive wheel alignment & need to re-corner balance the car after a few tweaks. Mine is also AWD & will be set differently then a C2.

It also depends on what tires & sizes, I'm running 235/f 295/r

Setup will totally depend on what you want the car to do.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:37 PM
TAI2
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Much depends on how your car currently handles. If you tell us more about this, we can give you pointers. Tire size, pressure and alignment are very big factors as well. Is your car understeering (pushing in corners)? Do you feel that your car does not corner well and "takes too long" after steering input? Are you running on line down the straight-aways or does your car wander? Does the front end feel "light" or "floating". Does you car lean or roll more than you like? How are your tires wearing? What kind of pyro temps are you getting RIGHT AFTER you run? Are the tracks you run very bumpy/rough? How agressive a driver are you?

Sorry for all the questions but shock setting and sway bar setting is about 20% of what to consider when making adjustments for the track.

ps. Keep a log book at the track and try one change at a time. Remember, tire pressure/temp can REALLY effect what is going on so be sure to keep track of them.

Quick Reply: 993 Suspension questions