Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RSD for sale Craigslist- Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 10:45 PM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been thinking of add and RSD. If I can find one carpeted in Boxster Red I'll have to have it. I need some subs so it would probably be much cheaper to build one w/provisions for them.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:51 PM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my white cab has custom RSD it cost me aprox. $65 in wood and hardware
plus I was replacing all the carpeting in the car at the time and had order enough carpeting to cover the RSD and then bought a 996 rear deck mat with the Porsche crest on it , trim the deck mat with the crest centered to fit. I really like it , I keep my First Aid kit under there and when traveling it becomes the dog`s bed . I can remove it in seconds if I want it out and of course the floor is all carpeted . I did it on my own , just borrow Mike J .`s band saw to cut plywood . My car is not here right now but will post pics later .

Cheers Guy
Old 04-04-2009, 11:48 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Guy-- I look forward to seeing pix of what you & Mike J put together. Did you use the Porsche doors?

FWIW, I've consistently heard the factory units sell for $500 (good condition) - $800 USD (excellent condition).
Originally Posted by rkb
I paid $500 (with shipping) from a shop that was getting rid of one in 2007.

One Rennlister claimed he had a solution to the source for triggering, and a wiring diagram to attach between the source and the mechanism.... no followup
(and our lovely new search engine is making it really hard for me to find the original thread to find his "name" to contact)
Russ-- Is this who you're after? From the May '08 Rear seat delete installation questions thread:
Originally Posted by Kevin R.
Russ...

I do know the electrics which splice into the central locking control unit under the passengers seat along with the door switches. Fairly complex but doable with the schematics. I can pass these along to you if you really want them. A lot of wiring is required and you need the harness plug which goes into the motor attached to the luggage dump.
Originally Posted by Kevin R.
I've got a motor that will lock and unlock with the central locking system regardless of the position of the luggage door switches and I believe this should not be happening. For the 993, the schematics show plug 2 pin 7 on the central locking unit (computer) is the wire which runs to the luggage doors switch.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:01 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Here's the Porsche PET parts diagram I posted on last month's "Rear package shelf?" thread; more info & photos there, too. Hopefully it will help Russ or others

Old 04-05-2009, 01:21 AM
KMASS993
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am thinking of putting a custom one together at the moment that mimics the factory one in terms of style however, instead of two doors I plan to install hinges at the back and mount hood lift cylinders to the seat belt bolt mounts, allowing the entire panel to rise for storage. I will let you guys know if I undertake the challenge.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:22 PM
DocTock993
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

curvelover - You're an awesome source of searching goodness!

briefescape - have you gotten yourself a new camera yet - we're all interested in seeing the custom RSD you and MikeJ put together!

MikeJ - Is this on p-car workshop by any chance? (lazy me hasn't searched there before posting this question)

Kevin R. - ANY update on the wiring situation??
Old 04-05-2009, 12:34 PM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rkb
briefescape - have you gotten yourself a new camera yet - we're all interested in seeing the custom RSD you and MikeJ put together!
+1. make 2
Old 04-05-2009, 01:46 PM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the camera but don`t have the car . The car is away getting the engine
resealed just in time for the season . It is a bitch have two 993 and I have neither the blue one just left the paint shop and now is in the upholstery shop getting new headliner and top .

I may be able to ask my INDY to take a couple pictures .

Cheers Guy

Quick Reply: RSD for sale Craigslist- Chicago