Sponsored by:

RoW Front Bumper Cover

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Harry L
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RoW Front Bumper Cover

On the way home today, I hit (with my car) a big cable that flew into my lane (on the freeway).

Luckily, only the front bumper cover appears to have been damaged. I can't tell if anything behind it was affected.

Either way, my guess is that the front bumper cover will need to be replaced.

This unfortunate incident might be a blessing in disguise: Euro front cover (i.e., no bumperettes).

Is Sunset the place to go? I have had nothing but great experiences with them, but was wondering if any of you has any thoughts regarding pricing, etc.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:39 AM
Duckman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bummer, dude. I'm glad it didn't do more damage.

I can't help with your question but I am interested in the answers and/or what you finally decide to do. I removed the bumperettes on my 968 and simply installed the Euro turn signals. No problem. It's a shame it's not that simple with our 993s. I've seen what some of the guys have done to rebuild their US spec 993 bumper covers to eliminate the bumperettes but that's WAY too complicated for me. If you find a good source for a replacement ROW bumper cover, please share it with us.

Good luck.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:07 PM
911RufRT
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just bought Euro bumper from Sunset for $1350 with the front grill. I also bought new seals, fender liners, hardware and signals for a total of $1800.

Quick Reply: RoW Front Bumper Cover