Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes... I will take one.

J-Mac
Old 12-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Guys, we do not have the time to do this this year, we are all just too swamped. I know personally I have way too many projects on the go, and with family and work, its just not possible to free up enough time to do this. I have to pick and choose my projects, and I have a few (which I am sure the guys on the list will be very happy once they come together) on the go which I would prefer to focus on.

There are a few alternatives going forward:

1- Anyone else willing to jump and and take this over?
2- I like the idea of posting pictures that are print quality, and people can make up their own favorite calendars. There are several sites on the net to do this, and Apple also supports printing calendars (I did a calendar for my wife as a Christmas Present...$20, full sized, with spiral binding, good print quality, its amazing!)

Hopefully, Rob chimes in with his comments.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 12-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Black993
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think option number two sounds cool. We could make an official thread to post large sized images for print, and a few links to places online to print them from. Someone in the Dog thread in OT posted a link to mpix.com and some pictures of one he had printed through them and it came out really nice.

I'll be sure to post up a few of mine, hope others will as well??

EDIT: here's a link to MPIX.com (no affiliation, just nice looking stuff!)
http://mpix.com/Product.aspx/calendars
Old 12-25-2009, 12:15 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 872 Likes on 441 Posts

I hate to say this, but I'd be afraid to buy one this year. This may be the year, due to the economy and our quickly depleting funds due to a job downsizing this past April of my pay - A HUGE downsizing of pay, that I might have to sell the 993. We're living on 1/3 of what I used to earn, thus the intense job search.

If I did this in the spring to help pay bills (sell my beloved 993), then I wouldn't want a reminder of 993's on my wall, reminding me everyday of what I lost.

It's going to be a sickening, sad day when I sell my baby...

I pray every day for a great paying sales job like I had before.
It's always a possibility. I have another job interview next Wednesday. If I got this job I'm trying to get, it could solve many of our problems.
Old 12-25-2009, 01:26 AM
laurinap
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm in for one.
Old 12-25-2009, 01:53 AM
pcarhombre
Rennlist Member

Hang in there Steve! I can only imagine how hard it must be and how badly you must feel. The car is just a car; you can always get another one. But family and friends are hard to replace. Therein lies your security! Happy holidays bro!
Old 12-25-2009, 01:40 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,050 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike J
2- I like the idea of posting pictures that are print quality, and people can make up their own favorite calendars. There are several sites on the net to do this, and Apple also supports printing calendars (I did a calendar for my wife as a Christmas Present...$20, full sized, with spiral binding, good print quality, its amazing!)

Hopefully, Rob chimes in with his comments.

Cheers,

Mike
Originally Posted by Black993
I think option number two sounds cool. We could make an official thread to post large sized images for print, and a few links to places online to print them from. Someone in the Dog thread in OT posted a link to mpix.com and some pictures of one he had printed through them and it came out really nice.

I'll be sure to post up a few of mine, hope others will as well??

EDIT: here's a link to MPIX.com (no affiliation, just nice looking stuff!)
http://mpix.com/Product.aspx/calendars
I like this idea, that way you get your "dream calendar" of your own favorite cars/pictures. I think this could result in many of us getting several different calendars!!
Old 12-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Hound Dog
Instructor

Default OK, OK - I'll give it a try.

OK, I'm sure I'll regret doing this, but I'd be willing to assemble a calendar with photos and then set it up at lulu.com. Lulu is a self publishing site where I would upload the photos and then we'll get a link where folks can go order their own calendar and Lulu prints and ships it, takes care of the credit cards, etc. I haven't worked with them before, but know the owner so I'm comfortable that I'll ultimately be able to get it to work.

We are able to set the price and I'd like to set it a few bucks above the cost of the calendar and contribute the excess to Rennwish (which I haven't seen much about lately). Like everyone, I have a full plate so it'll take me two or three weekends to get it cranking after we get all of the photos.

The only thing I haven't figured out quite yet is how to collect the photos. I think I can set up a public file via my .mac account or possibly give out a password and have photos emailed to my smugmug account. Another way would be just to create a thread here, but that may get a little klunky. Any ideas?

I'm a happy 993 owner, but know nothing about car repair, mechanics, etc., so I'm not able to contribute much knowledge to the site (although I learn a lot). Hopefully, this will make up for much of my valuable lurking over the last few years. It seems like this will help folks (like me) who wouldn't take the time to assemble the photos, even if posted here, but would want a calendar and would follow a link, enter their credit card and then get a great new 993 calendar in a few days!!

Let me know what you think. I think I'll go mix a manhattan to help get me over volunteering for this, but it should be fun if you guys can give me some time to work through it all.

Hound Dog/ Jim Harvey

Quick Reply: 2010 993 Calendar