Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPDATE: TRADE STAGE III FOR II: Calling All Fister Exhaust Customers for advise!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 06:21 PM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Can anyone compare RSR's to Stage II's? I currently have RSR's...they sound great, but after 10 years, I just think I want a change.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:14 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,034 Likes on 464 Posts

^^^^Keepin' the car Allen?
Old 03-26-2009, 12:51 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Canyon56
I'm looking forward to getting my Stage IIs next week
I'm too chicken sh*t to get the IIIs. Plus I need to stay friendly with my neighbors.
There's no shame in your game.......Stage IIs sound bad a$$ as well! They should come back from ceramic coating this Friday.

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Darin,
Hmm... If I send my Stage Is back to you for a Stage III upgrade, will I then have Stage IVs?
Andreas
Stage III is best to start with fresh cans (or a can without an external bypass). I will take your Is as a core exchange, though, and discount accordingly.

Originally Posted by Allen
Can anyone compare RSR's to Stage II's? I currently have RSR's...they sound great, but after 10 years, I just think I want a change.
Stage IIs definitely have more bite. Perhaps Mike (Arena993) can chime in. He had RSRs on his last cab, and has put Stage IIs on the new blue jelly bean.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:55 PM
bart1
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sell me yours RSRs, Allen.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:22 PM
TAI2
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sam are you out there??

I made you a swap offer via PM 2 days ago and email today. Please send me an email at tomiervolino@valcor.com as I will not be able to check my PM's till Saturday. Thanks.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:09 PM
bart1
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think Sam has been offline. I had been talking to him about something else and haven't heard from him in a couple days.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:26 AM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
^^^^Keepin' the car Allen?
You know....I'm very back-n-forth with it...things keep changing. The brief of it: I just passed on a REALLY nice '99 360 cause I wasn't gonna pay >$90K. Haven't yet found another one...and can't make myself put the 993 on the market (as a step towards the 360 purchase)...until I get (if ever) a 360 in the garage. BUT, my company car policy has just changed, and now they want give me a company car w/fleet card. So now I could sell my daily driver '08 535i AND the 993, get the 360, and have a free daily driver...not a 535i, but it would give me the 360 in the garage with $10K to $20K cash out of pocket. Bottom line...just not sure what to do.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:34 AM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by bart1
Sell me yours RSRs, Allen.
I might just do that. I'll crank a few $$ numbers and let you know...I have no idea what Stage IIs cost or what RSRs are worth...hopefully somewhere in the same range.

It's funny....after the past few months of looking at 360s in the $90K - $100K range, now to think about the $$ for a muffler swap is a real breath of fresh air...
Old 03-27-2009, 12:38 AM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by FisterD
Stage IIs definitely have more bite. Perhaps Mike (Arena993) can chime in. He had RSRs on his last cab, and has put Stage IIs on the new blue jelly bean.
I guess in particular...what about the volume level difference. Is one a lot or a little louder than the other. I could stand a 25% or so increase in volume from the RSRs, but much more than that and I may not like it. Just from the sound clips I've heard, the tone seems to be quite different between the two.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:55 AM
Smiles
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Allen
I guess in particular...what about the volume level difference. Is one a lot or a little louder than the other...
Bump.

This is a good question, and I've been searching and searching and can't find a clear answer.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:41 PM
verhag
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys / gals are making me nervous. My car (1st ever Porsche) is due to arrive today at noon...and it has Stage III's .....I live in a retirement community and I already anticipate a few disgruntled neighbors....I plan to keep it as is, and enjoy...however, I may be forced to look at a similar trade for Stage IIs in the near future.....we shall see......

Anyone have an opinion on just how much difference there is in sound level ?

Denny
Old 10-17-2009, 12:47 PM
mike993c2s
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by verhag
I live in a retirement community and I already anticipate a few disgruntled neighbors....
You should be fine since they're all HOH (hard of hearing)
Old 10-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by verhag
You guys / gals are making me nervous. My car (1st ever Porsche) is due to arrive today at noon...and it has Stage III's .....I live in a retirement community and I already anticipate a few disgruntled neighbors....I plan to keep it as is, and enjoy...however, I may be forced to look at a similar trade for Stage IIs in the near future.....we shall see......

Anyone have an opinion on just how much difference there is in sound level ?

Denny
As long as you drive out of Sun City slowly at low rpms, you'll be okay. Then go WOT once out of earshot.

You certainly don't want to make all those seniors on Harleys jealous.

(p.s., I worked on a documentary about the Green Valley AZ retirement "city" and the noise of the outside air conditioning units everywhere played havoc on the audio portion. )
Old 10-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have Mille Miglia on now and I wonder how the sound compares (loundess) to the various "stages" I'd love to meet someone in San Diego who may have the Stage III's so I can hear them in person. I'm also wondering what the Stage III's would sound like with the Dach 200 cell X pipe? Too much? The Mille's sound great and are by no means quiet and my long time tech says don't change the sound but there's something distinctively "v8" about them. I'm so sound sensitive and am know it's not that perfect 911 sound (I still regret not stepping up to the RUF's - the best I've ever heard)....but is it Stage III...what about sport cats? HELP!
Old 10-17-2009, 03:18 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Smiles
Bump.

This is a good question, and I've been searching and searching and can't find a clear answer.
There is a good write up here https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...stage-iis.html with a comparison between the two.
Stage IIs have a little more volume than RSRs, and they also have a different sound (due to the different design).

Quick Reply: UPDATE: TRADE STAGE III FOR II: Calling All Fister Exhaust Customers for advise!