Pocher Model

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tania W
Hi,
Been speaking to Macca off the board, thanks.
Great pics. How come everyone else got better pics of my car than I could manage?
That's a good shot of mine and the Speed Yellow 964 showing the colour difference. Still haven't worked out exactly what colour it is.....I was told it was Ferrari Giallo FLY, but the option code seems to imply the colour is that of "a different Porsche model" or something like that. Whatever, it ws a custom colour order and it's certainly a bit brighter than Speed Yellow!
Cheers
Tania
ps where in Kapiti? My folks are in Huia St Waikanae. Their neighbour is a Jag man and has a great collection in a series of barn-type garages.
We live on 2 acres 5 minutes north of Otaki in Manakau. I lived in Park Ave for 5 years so know Waikanae well. It's such a small world. John Macmillan on the 965 board has his parents in Waikanae too.

Yes that photo of the 3.6T and your 993 are a good comparison for the colour. Have you thought of contacting the original owner who muct have requested that colour and therefor know what it is?
Old 03-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

I agree the standard model needs a bit more detailing. This link will give you an idea of how far you "can" go http://www.scaleautoworks.com/PorscheGT2transkit.html

Or like other you can just do the engine kit, interior, brakes etc. These kits are all readily available.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:20 AM
Tania W
Racer

I have a couple of detail kits...an engine one out of the US and a couple of photo-etch ones from Tremonia in Germany. Like all the stuff for Pocher kits, they ain't cheap, but should make a significant difference to the appearance of the model.
As a rule, I have steered away from larger scale kits as it is so much harder to get a "realistic looking" result. I have a couple of 1/12 Tamiya F1 kits (Tyrrell P34 and McLaren MP4/6) but because of their size, display space becomes an issue. You can fit 4 or 5 1:20/1:24 models in the space of one 1:12 and 10 or 15+ 1:43s. Even 1:18 diecasts take up a lot of space. Having said that, I recently bought the CMC Ferrari 156 Sharknose whilst in Beijing, and next time I go back I'll probably get their Porsche 901....they are beautiful models, and whilst expensive, not that much more so than a kit once you take into account all the paints etc required, as well as tools, airbrushes and compressors etc....and of course one's own precious time!
Old 03-23-2009, 12:24 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

I know all about the space they take up LOL

I've stuck to diecast as I certainly don't have the time to build any...
Old 03-23-2009, 12:38 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

O.K so I've done my membership and will now PM those that enquired about buying. I don't want to start a RL auction so have just set a price and will PM that to all with preferance to the first PM I recieved and so on.

I'm asking $450US + freight $65US (fully insured). The model is not 100% perfect but can me made so with some TLC. It is missing a few of the plastic wheel nuts but everything else is there. It also comes with a full set of replacement glass and also interior which could be onsold to recoup part of the purchase price.

These kits are rare. A year or two ago I searched for them on ebay and there were a few kits. Today I searched ebay.UK and US and could find none.

If anyone requires more pictures I'll do the best I can
Old 03-23-2009, 04:04 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Pictures attached of my (yet to put together) transkits. Hopefully these will improve my blue 993 Pocher. It will be a long while I suspect before they are put on the car!
M
Old 03-23-2009, 05:01 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

ooops
Attached Images    
Old 03-23-2009, 10:40 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Hi Cobolt.

I built the blue 993 Pocher above. I started at 8pm pn night after my wife had gone to bed and finished it at 3am in te morning. It was a bit of a marathon session.

I also have all three transkist for the car (external, internal and engine).

I am not a model builder (I do have over 100 x 1:18 diecast I collect but I just buy them from UT, Exoto and Minichamps or ebay). Infcact the last model I build before ths one was probably wth my dad when i was 8.

Id welcome your suggestions on how to improve the model? It has always been my intention to evenetually strip the model down (very easy) andrebuild with the transkits. Id appreciate your advise on what else I could do at that time to details it as you mention....
I recall doing the same thing when I was younger. My mother would come down at 1AM and be pissed it was so late. Once you started a complicated part you would want to finish it.

As I aged I realized it is far better to fit every piece and take my time without putting deadlines on myself. The rest just fell into place. Prepping fitting and then detailing the parts makes for a far better end product. As you can see at 11 years old the alfa was not very detailed but by the time I built the fiat I took considerably more time. The RR phantom, MB 540 and Bugatti were all long projects.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Chuck A.
Pro

I didn't realize these kits are worth so much money. I have a complete kit just sitting in a box collecting dust. Someday I'll put it together.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:11 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck A.
I didn't realize these kits are worth so much money. I have a complete kit just sitting in a box collecting dust. Someday I'll put it together.
There worth so much more as kits. You can probably sell the kit and buy a completed model and have lots of money left over.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Chuck A.
Pro

Can I trade it for a 997 Turbo?
Old 04-08-2009, 07:43 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Still for sale guys at the price listed above
Old 05-03-2009, 01:58 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Here is an engine kit for those that are interested in Pocher stuff http://cgi.ebay.com/Pocher-1-8-Porsc...A14%7C294%3A50

Quick Reply: Pocher Model