Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vendor For Best Quality Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 04:42 AM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

You must be looking for mats like these? A seller on Ebay was doing them as late as last year. I didn't bother buying a set of them instead bought a set of the black Weathertech tray style
Attached Images  
Old 04-03-2009, 05:06 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by H.H.Chinn
You must be looking for mats like these? A seller on Ebay was doing them as late as last year. I didn't bother buying a set of them instead bought a set of the black Weathertech tray style
Yes, those are the ones...although I recalled the logos being larger. Time for me to search again...thanks!
Old 04-03-2009, 08:30 AM
SKM
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Porsche Crests on Mats

The Porsche crest is no longer available on mats sold by sellers licensed by Porsche. It's been perhaps 10 years or more. The reason I have heard is that the Porsche family did not want people placing their feet on the company's symbol. Who knows.

The eBay seller is not a licensed retailer of Porsche-logoed mats. I bought a set of his mats. The quality was very good, however the reproduction of the crest, while great-looking at a glance, was a bit off. It is missing the word 'Stutgart' in the center and the gold color was not quite right. His crests are the largest I've seen on a floor mat.

I had an '87 with the original Lloyds crest mats (photo below) and my RS America has rear deck mats with Lloyds crest mats. The crests on these floor mats are smaller, offset towards the tunnel and are yellow rather than gold in color. However, every detail of the crest matched the correct Porsche mats. The yellow is interesting as many Porsche crest decals sold by Porsche has yellow in place of the gold. And, the dealers also sell decals with gold crests. On both sets of mats, the crest are the same size which is smaller than the eBay seller's crests.

Last edited by SKM; 04-13-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:48 AM
jenskleis
Rennlist Member

I have Lloyds in my 993 (black), and also had them in my previous 964 (beige).

Great quality, very durable and the colour and fabric texture match the original interior perfectly.

However, buying from Pelican was a real disappointment.

They sent me the wrong mats several times over, and kept blaming me for the mistake. As a result, I spent literally hundreds of dollars on shipping and customs fees, as mats were being sent back and forth.

Af the problem persisted, their Customer Service Line became less and less helpful.

In the end, the last set of mats I returned to Pelican were apparently lost in the mail... or so Pelican said. The courier said the mats were delivered and signed for!

Finally, I gave up on Pelican and wrote off the $600+ I had spent on mats and several times shipping and customs charges.

Instead I and placed an order with Paragon, and got the right mats at a good price. Easy, quick and good!
The following users liked this post:
Michael Lauinger (06-22-2023)
Old 04-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Edgy01
CoCo mat quality has gone up so much from the days when I had them in my 1973 914. I use them as my daily mat, and appreciate how tough they are. Perhaps not "appropriate" but I sure like them in my '06.
Thanks for the pics. They do look nice. I guess I'm just remembering the cocoa mats from the 70s. Reminiscent of the older cars. I had some in my BMW 2002tii. So it's kinda nostalgic for me (in a good way.)

Those look pretty good. I may have to get a set.....
Old 04-03-2009, 04:21 PM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

You could get yourself the Lloyd's mats in whatever color you choose and take them to an embroidery shop with a copy of the Porsche shield You'll end up paying a little bit more to get the logo as large as you want done. As long as you don't sell them, you should be fine.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:28 PM
911CabSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or you could just buy the Porsche patch and have it sewn to the floor mat.

Quick Reply: Vendor For Best Quality Floor Mats