Sponsored by:

Vendor For Best Quality Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 12:45 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Another very high quality matt comes from CoCoMatt. Fantastic quality (compared to how they used to be made in the 70s) and hold up extremely well. Do a Google search for coco matts.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:58 AM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lloyd: Luxe or Ultimat?

I've got a Classic Grey interior and I'm just about ready to put in an order for Lloyd mats. I initially figured I'd get Classic Grey mats as well, but after reading some posts, it looks like there can be matching followed by cleaning issues. No thanks, I'll go with black #100.

As far as embroidery goes, I initially figured I'd do "993," but no one seems to be doing that, so "Carrera" is fine with me in thread color 908 (Silver).

Finally, and here's my question:
Q: Does anybody step up and order the more expensive Luxe model, or are we all happy with the basic Ultimat? I do like the idea of the stain and soil protection, but I guess I could Scotchguard the Ultimat versions. I don't mind the cost, but is the Luxe just too much? Too thick?
Old 03-27-2009, 11:39 AM
swmic

Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

I went with CocoMats in the 964 and like them a lot.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:56 AM
bobesser
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dcdude68
Finally, and here's my question:
Q: Does anybody step up and order the more expensive Luxe model, or are we all happy with the basic Ultimat? I do like the idea of the stain and soil protection, but I guess I could Scotchguard the Ultimat versions. I don't mind the cost, but is the Luxe just too much? Too thick?
Related question: Can you buy carpet sets in the exact same material as the floor mats?
Old 03-27-2009, 12:03 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I have Lloyd mats in the 993 (gray interior but black mats) w/ red lettering. Fit is fine and no issues.

However, I ordered Lloyd mats for the Cayenne and the fit was terrible, eventually had to trace the outline of the stock mat on the back of the new Lloyd mats and send them back to Pelican to get them re-cut. Pelican's cust. service was poor for that transaction, could have used a cattle prod to get them moving. I posted a thread with photos in the Cayenne forum on the experience.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:10 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Originally Posted by bobesser
Related question: Can you buy carpet sets in the exact same material as the floor mats?
Are you sure that's what you want? Carpet is usually lighter and needs to be a lot more flexible. Unless your concern is color, I see them as separate issues / requirements.

>> OK, so does anyone like the Lloyd Luxe model?
Old 03-27-2009, 01:42 PM
VNTGSPD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered my Lloyds mats from an ebay seller in Dec. Got them in less than 1 week but I ordered a fairly standard Cashmere with black Porsche logo. Great mats and I saved about $40 over anyone else I checked.
(I try to support the community whenever I can but a 30% premium tests my loyalty)
Old 03-27-2009, 08:10 PM
quasr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 993 Mats

If you are referring to upgraded Lloyd mats, Sunset Porsche told me the upgraded mats don't have the same lettering though lettering is available. It seems the lettering is sewn or embroidered on a strip of material and that is sewn on the mat. Based on his description, I did not elect to get the upgrade and ordered the base model. He told me the base model is rubber backed which was news to me.

I currently have mats that I purchased from a Porsche dealership that are foam backed and are not very high quality. He said I would be quite pleased with the base model that is currently available.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:07 PM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

A couple of people have already mentioned the Cocomats (http://www.cocomats.com/) which I really like. But they don't seem "proper" for anything but pre-993 911s. I'm still debating, but they seem more appropriate for older 60-70s cars and not the 993 and later....(?)
Old 03-31-2009, 01:03 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Originally Posted by FisterD
I got my Loyds mats from Paragon Products (rennlist sponsor) a while back. It really makes the interior fresh again.
At $129, if they don't nickle and dime you on the embroidery, Paragon may be the best deal out there: http://www.paragon-products.com/product_p/lm4.htm
Old 03-31-2009, 05:13 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my Lloyd's mats from Sunset. After an earlier "misfire" with Pelican, Sunset got my custom order exactly right (which included black "Carerra" script with a red "S".

BTW, after trying a couple different colors, in my opinion the "Cashmere" Lloyd's color IS actually the best color match for a cashmere (993) interior. Not quite a perfect match to the carpet, but it is VERY close to the color tone of the original OEM mats which came with the car.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:52 PM
Crimson Nape Racing
Addict
Rennlist Member

I made these for the track. even though I haven't been on the track in a couple years, I still have these in. never had a problem with the foam backing, but the plush factor is kinda low. however, IMHO, the cool factor is high.
Attached Images  
Old 04-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Canyon56
A couple of people have already mentioned the Cocomats (http://www.cocomats.com/) which I really like. But they don't seem "proper" for anything but pre-993 911s. I'm still debating, but they seem more appropriate for older 60-70s cars and not the 993 and later....(?)
CoCo mat quality has gone up so much from the days when I had them in my 1973 914. I use them as my daily mat, and appreciate how tough they are. Perhaps not "appropriate" but I sure like them in my '06.
Attached Images   
Old 04-03-2009, 01:56 AM
dcdude
Drifting

Weird. I like Cocos in a water pumper. It's so far removed from the original, that the old/new contrast is really cool! The tan carpet also helps for the "tidy" look.

Not "inappropriate" at all...
Old 04-03-2009, 02:57 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

What I want are the aftermarket mats with the large Porsche logo (ideally in silver but gold would be ok) rather than the lettering script. There used to be a vendor/seller on ebay a few years back but I can't find him now. These are aftermarket and AFAIK are not Porsche approved so legality is questionable.

Quick Reply: Vendor For Best Quality Floor Mats