Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PPI in Houston Needed (unbiased from Victory)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 11:41 PM
techsis
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sonic dB
I used Sam Shala protecknik for a PPI 3+ years ago at a car I was looking at in Houston. They totally fked up the PPI and said it was "one of the cleanest 993s theyd ever seen"... I spent $700 on a flight to Houston to see the car at the Porsche dealer and it was a complete and total POS. Obviously a flood car from Katrina or something...there was mud in the engine bay and the back seat had mud stains. The suspension was completely shot and the car was an utter POS. To Sam's credit, he refunded the $450 that I paid him for the PPI and he admitted "I never actually looked at the car, someone else did"...and he was a very nice guy about it...but it still cost me tons of money for a flight and dealing with an unscrupulous Porsche dealer who were aholes to say the least.

so be careful when choosing any out of state PPI... thats just my advice.
Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. It definitely goes to show that not every experience can be judged by one person experience. I will refrain from making my recommendation on the shop now that I have heard your experience. Sam is a really knowledgeable guy, but if the car was in as bad of shape as you described there is just no excuses for the shop. If I had flown in and saw that mess, I would be so pissed that words would not do justice.

I depend on the eyes and opinions of other rennlisters, so I appreciate you sharing your experience.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:44 PM
jwdwight
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonic dB
I used Sam Shala protecknik for a PPI 3+ years ago at a car I was looking at in Houston. They totally fked up the PPI and said it was "one of the cleanest 993s theyd ever seen"... I spent $700 on a flight to Houston to see the car at the Porsche dealer and it was a complete and total POS. Obviously a flood car from Katrina or something...there was mud in the engine bay and the back seat had mud stains. The suspension was completely shot and the car was an utter POS. To Sam's credit, he refunded the $450 that I paid him for the PPI and he admitted "I never actually looked at the car, someone else did"...and he was a very nice guy about it...but it still cost me tons of money for a flight and dealing with an unscrupulous Porsche dealer who were aholes to say the least.

so be careful when choosing any out of state PPI... thats just my advice.
Sonic db - what was the name of the Porsche dealer who had the car for sale in Houston. Just curious because I just bought a P-car from a dealer in Houston and having some issues. Wondering if it is the same dealer?? Jon
Old 03-15-2009, 03:27 AM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 993 ownr1
So let me understand your opinion…

The ONLY viable PERSPECTIVE here is YOURS, because I’m not a Porsche forum regular, posting on a wide variety of Porsche issues, and therefore I lack credibility.

What about the PERSPECTIVE that JUST MAYBE a “not a forum regular” got screwed over to the extent he decided to investigate what the Porsche community, AS A WHOLE, thinks about VICTORY MOTORCARS, and found their way here and found their screwing is but one of many screwing, and decides to post their experiences in hopes of ENDING or at least slowing down the SCREWING… based on the VERIFIABLE FACTS & CIRCUMSTANCES, which he posts, and which SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES, to thereby establish credibility.

Seems that under your PERSPECTIVE, only regular posters will have any credibility. So VMC, as a regular poster in the Porsche community, can lie, cheat, forge, puff, misrepresent, con, and essentially steal from Porsche buyers, and will have CREDIBILITY, because he is a part of the “community”, regardless of any true VERIFIABLE FACTS & CIRCUMSTANCES.

Be sure to chastise all your other COMMUNITY members here who don’t get excited enough to join in the community discussions on paint colors, best tires, and other pressing social concerns…

As for me, well, I’ll post when I have something important to say, and I won’t criticize anyone who is trying to watch out for the COMMUNITY as a whole. Nor would I be so pompous to say who and who does not have credibility, until I know what the true facts are, who is a scumbag and who is a straight shooter.

JMHO
You just come off as an angry *******. That's all.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:45 PM
993 ownr1
AutoX

Originally Posted by jwdwight
Sonic db - what was the name of the Porsche dealer who had the car for sale in Houston. Just curious because I just bought a P-car from a dealer in Houston and having some issues. Wondering if it is the same dealer?? Jon

VMC
Old 03-23-2009, 07:03 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by air eater
Be sure too that he checks for:
owner manuals
radio code card
tool kit
spare tire,
inflator kit
etc.

I've heard they sometimes come up missing before the car is picked up. The owner checks and inquires afterwards and they tell him tough s**t!
Thats good advice, the problem is that VMC has been known to buy stamped service books off ebay, include service records from different cars and all sorts of other games. Radio code card, lol I can only imagine where they get those from.

I'll stick with what I have always said about VMC... Can you buy a car from them? Sure. You'd better darn well make sure you go see it in person, have a PPI done at a shop they dont recomend, and dont expect to get a "deal". If you're okay with those things then go ahead and roll the dice.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:29 PM
jwdwight
Instructor

Originally Posted by 993 ownr1
VMC
No, I bought from Porsche of North Houston and they have stepped up to the plate and taken care of me.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:19 PM
Sonic dB
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

jwd..... i think it is called "Advantage Porsche" in Houston. I cant believe that they were trying to pass that car off in that condition. The photos on ebay looked clean and after the "ppi" from Sam, I took the trip out there...but it all turned out to be very bad and a waste of my time and money.
Lesson learned.

Techsis... I dont want to come across as indicting Sam...he seemed like a good guy and took care of the situation, but it was after the fact which was the problem. He never actually looked at the car at all...but the girl at the shop told me that he did! This was an obvious lie by her, because that car was the biggest pos 993, Ive ever seen/drove...and Ive seen quite a few. But again, he refunded the ppi money on the back end, to his credit....the lesson there is to cover your tracks many times on any out of town PPI, cause you dont know who is actually looking at the car!

Quick Reply: PPI in Houston Needed (unbiased from Victory)