Sponsored by:

Victory Motorcars

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 07:25 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

It continuously amazes me that people actually expect anything else from a car dealership. Are we that far away removed from reality that we think that a used car dealer will treat us like humans?

There are rare exceptions. Too rare to take a chance. Especially given the fact that you get to pay a premium fro the pleasure of being bent over and...
Old 02-26-2009, 07:51 PM
944/951guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What happened in your case? Im just interested because I was going to buy a car off them before I bought my 993.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:16 PM
daltvater
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bet I've read over 20 nightmare stories about these guys over the years.

Here are more than a few...
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/searc...archid=3292976
Old 02-26-2009, 10:20 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by goatfarmer1970
I also have no experience with them ,but I have seen many threads that were unfavorable. So please tell me how come they have a 100% positive seller's feedback on eBay. Do they succeed in having dissenting reviews removed because they are such a big seller?
This is an old but relevant thread regarding Victory Motors and their eBay rating as well:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...ay-rating.html
Old 02-26-2009, 10:41 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

BTW, a very simple and effective way to fight back for someone who's sufficiently pissed... start an eBay account and keep "buying" every car they offer immediately. They will soon get tired of paying insertion fees.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:35 AM
hddude
Racer

Default Anti-used car dealers threads

These threads are hilarious. This board is full of professional car salesmen and amateur car flippers and yet every time one of these threads pops up there are a host of indignant responses. It's like a convention of hookers bemoaning teen sex.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:04 AM
Peter R.
Pro

Originally Posted by KraZy007
I'm sorry Peter, I was assuming the link would tell me the story behind Victory Motors. I personally don't have any experience with them (sounds like a good thing). Could you enlighten me?
I am sorry, but I have no firsthand information to offer whatsoever. I am blissfully removed from VMC by a few thousand miles. I just fixed the link for you !

Peter R.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:48 AM
Boston911fan
Pro

If you are in Houston, I urge you to visit the dealership just for $hits and giggles. They really have some beautiful cars there! I got to sit in a few 911 Speedsters and 930s. It was the first place I went to look for a 911 simply because I was visiting family for New Year's. (I've got about 30 relatives in TX, they're Chinese, and some speak Chinese, nevermind English, with a TX accent, but that's another story.) I also sat in a 993 for the first time, and this helped me to choose that car over the Speedster or a 930 Cabriolet. I gave them my name, and I am eternally grateful for Rennlist for discouraging me from buying from them because there is so much eye candy there! One car in particular was listed on the site for a while, but when I got there, they said it was "in another garage awaiting delivery prep." It was a 964 Cabriolet converted to a widebody WITH a 965 3.6 single Turbo engine (no it was NOT an America Roadster). They're notorious for leaving stuff on for months. In fact, a few of the 993 Cabriolets that I called about at were sold a year ago and are still listed! But just go in and look around for the hell of it! Think of it as a gallery and just don't get tempted by anything you see.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:28 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by hddude
These threads are hilarious. This board is full of professional car salesmen and amateur car flippers and yet every time one of these threads pops up there are a host of indignant responses. It's like a convention of hookers bemoaning teen sex.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:37 AM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hddude
... This board is full of professional car salesmen and amateur car flippers ...
It is? News to me. That said, many of the Victory sob stories are due to buyers who didn't put the time and effort into the purchase IMHO.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

For some reason I decided to Google Victory Motorcars and one of the results had a thread on Roadfly. In that thread was this posting. I've read many postings here on RL about his "Cease and Desist" letters from his attny and thought this response was interesting. I have not read all the threads about Victory but I haven't seen this posted here.

VMC Attorney proved to be a joke
No secret VMC/Robert Neal, Jr. has is "attorney" issue cease and desist letters in an attempt to intimiate and/or silence unflattering posts. Here's a reply to one such attempt:

RE: Victory Motor Cars, Inc., Robert Lee Neal, Jr.

Dear Attorney Rosenberg:
CEASE AND DESIST

This office represents Mr. S regarding your ridiculous "Cease and Desist" letter of October 13, 2008, to which I respond to as follows:

First and foremost, your client’s business reputation lacks integrity as evidenced by his and/or his representative’s apparent forgery of a state of Texas Certificate of Title for a Motor Vehicle, namely a 1997 Porsche sold by Mr. Neal, to Mr. S, as confirmed by the previous owner.

Second, a first year law student knows the elements of defamation. Since you apparently were asleep that day, I suggest you do some research before raising such issues.

Third, unless you have a propensity to leap to erroneous conclusions, your client seems to be misinforming you of the facts. Mr. S attempted to reach an agreeable resolution regarding Mr. Neal’s blatant misrepresentations and unethical and/or illegal business practices. During that attempt, Mr. S was kind enough to advise your client of his findings with regard to the forged and/or misrepresented signature on the Texas title.

Additionally, any first year law student knows Mr. S has no power to institute a criminal prosecution. He does however, have every legal right to report a crime by your client and/or his representatives, and he will.

Fourth, I am unable to confirm you are properly licensed to practice law in either Mr. S’s state of California, or Mr. Neal’s state of business incorporation, in Texas.

In regards to practicing law without a license, Section 81.101 of the Texas Government Code states: (a) In this chapter the "practice of law" means the preparation of a pleading or other document incident to an action or special proceeding or the management of the action or proceeding on behalf of a client before a judge in court as well as a service rendered out of court, including the giving of advice or the rendering of any service requiring the use of legal skill or knowledge, such as preparing a will, contract, or other instrument, the legal effect of which under the facts and conclusions involved must be carefully determined. (emphasis added).

Out-of-state lawyers without California licenses are engaging in the unauthorized practice of law if they participate in "sufficient activities in the state". Lawyers need not even be physically present in California to violate unauthorized-practice-of-law restrictions. Birbrower, Montalbano, Condon & Frank, P.C., et al. v. The Superior Court of Santa Clara County (17 Cal.4th 119, 70 Cal.Rptr.2d 304, 949 P.2d 1 (Feb. 25, 1998)).

Last but not least, regarding your diatribe regarding the internet and "unflattering and injurious remarks" which would adversely affect your client in the course of their business, I suggest but for your client’s unflattering and injurious activities, there would have been no damages to my client, and no need to read your drivel.

Noting your lack of legal knowledge and/or sophistication, regarding the internet’s First Amendment’s right to free speech, the courts have repeatedly held that speech which is merely a statement of defendant's personal opinion about the quality of services provided by a plaintiff company, is PROTECTED.

If you were familiar with your own state’s ruling you would know the words of Justice Gische, who wrote in Penn Warranty Corp. v. DiGiovanni, No. 600659/04 (N.Y. Sup. Ct., New York County Oct. 28, 2005):

"Perhaps most compelling is the fact that the web site, when viewed in its full context, reveals that defendant is a disgruntled consumer and that his statements reflect his personal opinion based upon his personal dealings with plaintiff. They are subjective expressions of consumer dissatisfaction [and] are not actionable because they are defendant's personal opinion."

AS SUCH, your Cease and Desist letter is meritless and will be ignored. Should you contact either Mr.S, or this office again, regarding this matter, I will take all legal steps available to me. No further notice will be given to you, Mr. Neal, or Victory Motor Cars, Inc. You are hereby advised to CEASE AND DESIST.

Your prompt and personal attention to this matter will be anticipated. I trust that there will be no further need for this office to contact you again.

Sincerely,DLD, Esq.
Admitted to practice before the:
Supreme Court of the State of California
United States District Court, Central District of California
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Supreme Court of the United States of America
Old 03-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Black993
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good find Bill!
Old 03-27-2009, 05:13 PM