Sponsored by:

**-- NY Tri-State Spring Drive '09 for Charity --**

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 10:20 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,421 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyq
Arwin, Bob, and Neil, Thank you for setting up another great drive. Hope everyone made it home alright. Quadcammer, glad to see you did not get stranded with a bad belt.

Pleasure meeting everyone again and I hope we can do another run soon.

Youtube is performing maintenance. Videos to come shortly.

John
John,
Glad to see you made it home ok and that no new family members arrived in your absence. Congrats again on that, btw.

Yeah, the belt actually looked great minus the rib missing and performed pretty well. I was surprised when I got home. No biggie.

When my friend gets her black/black 996 cab I'll be sure to post some pics.

enjoy!
Old 05-17-2009, 11:14 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Vermont Weekend

This weekend was spectacular! We saw what must be some of the most fantastic driving roads in conjunction with some of the best looking landscape in America. Special thanks to "Steve" the owner of the inn for showing us the best Vermont back roads and taking us on a journey we will never forget. Extra special thanks to Neil and Dave for taking care of all the details at the Hotel, Car Show, Food and most importantly our very own day and road climbing Mt Equinox!! Folks that missed this weekend, I can't even describe the thrill it was driving up this 5 mile road to the top. Johnny is going to post video soon and you will get a good idea of what I mean. We woke up a few sleepy towns today. It would be great to do this again, maybe in the Fall of this year. Vermont is beautiful and has awesome roads. I had the best "car weekend". Arrwin, Neil, Steve, Dave, great job!!
And thanks to many PCA, Rennlisters, BMW club of CT and Corvette club of CT that made the trip up north that made this a great time for all. Enjoy the pics.....
Attached Images            

Last edited by Bob in NY; 05-22-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:55 PM
johnnyq
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here they are. The video quality once loaded to youtube is horrible. The original was a lot better. Youtube says that they are still processing and should get better.

The first one is following an RS4 and a yellowC4s. Watch the Audi pass the two porsches. Fast car and seemed to handle really nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Ik5nLR2nk

The second is Bob's new turbo. Of course he didnt even have to register his new whip in the voting for the car that everyone wants. Think we all knew he was going to win. What a car!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU0ERDHQs4w

The last is Arwin's sweet 993. I remember him saying he was going to take it easy. Yeah right! I could barely keep up with him. Then he let me do the pity pass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6LaQbM_ZMU

What a great drive

John
Old 05-18-2009, 12:03 AM
uberskier
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

John,
Nice video. Once the RS4 passed me and the targa, the wife gave me the okay to let it rip!
Good video, I'll post mine soon. I think my problem was that the camera was too heavy and bounced too much.
Eric
Got them there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF5yHvVO4jk

Last edited by uberskier; 05-18-2009 at 12:26 AM.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:54 AM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts

John,
Nice video! Man that road was bumpy, I think all our suspensions got a good workout today. We should take up a donation to get that road paved...Thanks again nice job and great meeting you. Let us know when the baby comes.

Bob
Old 05-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Bob/Eric....sweet pics!

Johnny....thanks for the vids and hilarious captions. Please let us know when the new family member arrives. Glad he/she wasn't waiting for you!

Oliver....i thought I saw something flying out of your car or maybe it was just debris on the road, but glad you got home safe.

Pics coming soon.....
Old 05-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Originally Posted by Arrwin
Oliver....i thought I saw something flying out of your car or maybe it was just debris on the road, but glad you got home safe.
Its a mustang, thats standard operating procedure.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:42 PM
tropheus
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 31 Posts

It was really great to see you guys after the long winter and having a great event like this. Truly enjoyed it and looking forward for the next 1 day event.

Jack
Attached Images    
Old 05-18-2009, 09:49 PM
Race4S
Advanced

Quite an amazing time we all had-

I don't think any of us realized how much fun that Hill Climb really was until the second time around.

Just to have the chance to do it was an unforgettable experience.

Arwin and Bob, you guys really need to write that book and maybe call it "Top Ten Roads For Your Porsche"- thanks for all the hard work and time you invest to these events.

Last edited by Race4S; 04-05-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys,

+1000 on everything Bob said. Not only was it a great event for a great cause (ALS), it was a great experience. Now I know what good driving roads and a hillclimb is all about. We lucked out with the weather as it was dry when we needed it to be.
  • A huge thanks to Neil and his son Dave for organizing the whole event. It was a lot of work and you can definitely see the results.
  • A big thanks to Steve the Innkeeper for showing us his racecar and also the fantastic backroads of Manchester.
  • Also, a huge thanks to Bob for mapping yet another memorable route for us.
  • And of course, last but not least to our fearless, no-stress navigator, aka my fiance Geneva for leading us to/fro VT w/o missing a beat.

Now....here are my pics...

Bob cleaned up the evening winning 3 awards!!: "Best Porsche", "Most Car You Would Like to Own", "Sponsor"

Enjoy!

Last edited by Arrwin; 05-19-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

great pics arrwin.

I don't look too happy in that one pic (i guess I need a Porsche!)
Old 05-19-2009, 09:40 PM
speedbump2
Racer

Great reports, great pictures, looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
I'm insanely jealous!

--Chuck--
Old 05-19-2009, 10:00 PM
johnnyq
Advanced

Thanks for all the pics guys.

Has anyone had a chance to look at their car yet. Maybe its because my car is black, but my hood, front l/r fenders and air dam are destroyed. They are chipped so badly. It's ok in the shade, but once it's in the sun, all you see are white chips all over. I may have to paint the car.

I clayed the whole car today followed by swirl mark remover, polish then wax. the black that is not chipped looks fantastic, but the chips all over the front ruin the rest of it.

I would trade a shattered window for these rock chips. At least that would be easier to fix and covered under insurance.

That drive was the best until today when I went to clean my car.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:39 PM
uberskier
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

John,
Sorry to hear that. I definitely got a few extra chips in mine, but it already had a couple. Also on SY, you can't see it too much. My DD is a black Audi wagon and I take that skiing all the time, the front of it looks like it went through a sand blaster.

I'm sort of writing the chips off to as if I drove it in the winter. I'm sure it would get dinged up more if I put a couple thousand miles on it in the winter.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:25 PM
Barney1
Three Wheelin'

Arwin, You guys did it again.....Looks like a great time....Great pics...

Quick Reply: **-- NY Tri-State Spring Drive '09 for Charity --**