993 Forum 1995-1998

Two or four poster...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 04:20 AM
Peter R.
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two or four poster...

My 993 deserves the best possible care, and thus I'm building her a nice garage-workshop, which obviously needs a car lift.

My personal preference is a two poster (for obvious reasons). Which beggs the question : are ther particular issues lifting a 993 on a two poster, or is it not suitable ?

I'd like to hear from the owners of two and four posters !

Thanks,

Peter
Old 02-25-2009, 12:51 PM
D-Uber Cars
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

I have a Rotary 2 post asymetrical and it works our great for me. Just remember that a 2 post is about balance. So when I park, store or work on a front engined car, I drive it straight in. On a rear engined car I back it in so I can retain the correct balance that was intended for this type of lift.
Brought this question up w/the experts who utilize the same lift. Their reply was, not neccessary but good idea. It is the commercial 10K Lb rated model.
Hope this helps.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Ewok
Advanced

We have a two post rotary and an old school hydraulic at work. It always works out that the rear-engined cars go to the hydraulic, but the 993 would be just fine on a two post. D-Uber's suggestion is probably in the end not necessary but why not be safe? I'd do it.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:45 AM
Peter R.
Pro

The lift I'm looking at has telescopic arms, so it can be symmetrical or asymmetrical as I see fit. Two poster it is then. Should work fine for the Rangie as well

Quick Reply: Two or four poster...