Sponsored by:

Looking for 993 C4S or C2S

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 01:09 PM
jwdwight
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for 993 C4S or C2S

I am a new Rennlist member and look forward to what looks to be an incredible resource. Looking for a 993 C4S with under 50k miles. What should I expect to pay in today's market for a no damage/no deferred maintenance car? Own an '06 C4 with 7,000 miles. Awesome car but just not the same as the air cooled. Might trade my '06 C4. Any thoughts or leads would be appreciated.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:42 PM
177mph
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 102 Posts

Im selling my 97 C4S - just hit 50k miles. Its listed in the for sale section on rennlist
Old 02-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Kcreager1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The market is strange right now, these are generally cars that you just don't have to have. If you can buy cash and don't have to let your car go you should make out very well (since your value is down as well).

I would absolutely try to buy from someone who is an enthusiast who may need the cash for another love or just because of the general malaise inthe economy. There are a lot of cars popping up for sale, and no sign of that changing. I would hold out for a good storey, great records, and a very good car. You are in a good situation, a year and a half ago it would be much harder in my opinion.

I have a 1996 C4S black/black with many options. I bought it with 56K on it, top end already done, recario racing seats, LFW, complete interior carbon, upgraded radio, M030 suspension, 3 spoke steering wheel, aluminum pedals, strut brace, litronic headlights, front and back turbo spoiler/wing, turbo s ducts front and back, techart exhaust, etc, etc. I MOST of the receipts and have over 70K in total that the previous owner spent on the car. At the time I bought it, the average for sale price for the 11 C4S's cars I could find was about $48K (asking). Many of these did not have the spoiler and upgrades. I bought mine for less. While I like my car, many people prefer a clean, factory car. Many of these C4S's came with the front turbo bumper and rear aeroII from the factory, but many did not. That all comes back to personal preference.

I would just say to be patient, think of the color combo's you want and look until you find the right car. Don't get one that doesn't meet your needs or that you know very little about.

50K will mean you pay a premium, even so, depending on color combo you should be able to get a great deal in this market. Good luck

Old 02-20-2009, 11:48 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 342 Likes on 152 Posts

Our 96 C4S is for sale, also listed in the "For Sale" section.
Speed Yellow, Black leather, 6 speed, Black 996 Turbo twists, 49,000 miles,
Rennline pedals, maintained by Callas Rennsport. 43K offer.

Quick Reply: Looking for 993 C4S or C2S