Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best clear corners? i know this is probably a repost...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 11:14 AM
bart1
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
Any more input on this? I'm about to pull the trigger on some. Thanks.
Does your black bumper need a respray? If so, I would just fill the gap and do to the regular Euro ones.

If not, I might try ordering just one of the plain ones and cutting it myself.

Thay are half the price - I think Sunset is +15% and shipping.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:14 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by bart1
Does your black bumper need a respray? If so, I would just fill the gap and do to the regular Euro ones.

If not, I might try ordering just one of the plain ones and cutting it myself.

Thay are half the price - I think Sunset is +15% and shipping.
Thanks, Bart. Bumper does not need a respray so I'm going to keep the bumperettes. So I'm still a little confused. Is there no such thing as a clear for US cars? Seems like all I can find are ones for euro bumpers that need the altering.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:21 PM
BufordTJ
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brian,
I think you are correct. I've tried to find some manufactured for US bumpers and can't seem to either. Only the cut ones seem to be available.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:56 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BufordTJ
Brian,
I think you are correct. I've tried to find some manufactured for US bumpers and can't seem to either. Only the cut ones seem to be available.
Hey Travis,

I hope all is well in the "land of great driving roads".

Did you ever do the cut job on the euros or have you not done anything yet?
Old 02-09-2009, 05:44 PM
BufordTJ
Rennlist Member

Not yet. But I'm thinking of trying it myself. Sometimes you can find a set of euros on the bay cheap. I'd feel better cutting on the cheap ones.

You are planning on returning for Palooza next year I hope? How much for that ride in the CGT?
Old 02-09-2009, 06:13 PM
bart1
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
Thanks, Bart. Bumper does not need a respray so I'm going to keep the bumperettes. So I'm still a little confused. Is there no such thing as a clear for US cars? Seems like all I can find are ones for euro bumpers that need the altering.

That is correct. Any of the clear short ones are merely long Euro clears cut by somebody.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:57 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BufordTJ
Not yet. But I'm thinking of trying it myself. Sometimes you can find a set of euros on the bay cheap. I'd feel better cutting on the cheap ones.

You go first and tell me how it goes! I've heard a coping saw is the best tool for the job, followed by some clear bathroom silicone. What's a coping saw?

You are planning on returning for Palooza next year I hope? How much for that ride in the CGT?
I will definitely be there. I got completely spoiled by those roads. As you know there's nothing like that anywhere near here. Haven't driven the cgt much since and probably won't until then either. Kinda sad. I'll try to sneak you out for a ride this year without the winning bidder knowing - they might get hacked if it raises big bucks this time!
Old 02-10-2009, 05:13 PM
BufordTJ
Rennlist Member

Thanks Brian. I'm gonna try and stay at the Inn of the Ozarks next year so I don't miss hang-in with you guys. Messed up last year on the reservations. Anyhow, we'll have to get together for the run up old 23 again. It's becoming a tradition. I can't wait!
Let me know if you find a solution to the clear corners or if you cut some down. I think I remember seeing some closeups of the cut ones on here. Need to take some time searching.

Quick Reply: Best clear corners? i know this is probably a repost...