Sponsored by:

FS 1996 993 TT - If anyone looking to upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 04:10 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,043 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbo3
If you played your cards right, I'd trade you even.....
I'll go one better, I'll trade you TWO!
Old 01-25-2009, 05:20 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat

Ok, ok... only for you Mike... I'll let go of my 95 993 C4 cab AND my Grand Cherokee. I'm taking a loss here Mike, but I feel it's the least I can do to help show my appreciation for a fellow Rennlister.

Last edited by murfysflaw; 01-25-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:45 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man those are tough offers.....let me think about it
Old 01-25-2009, 11:06 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

That is one bad a** looking car. I was reading through your ad looking for the price (I didn't scroll over far enough at first) thinking... "Oh yeah, I gotta have that car".

What the heck am I talking about... I can't afford it but whoever gets it is going to be one fortunate dude!

Best of luck with selling it quickly. Which Porsche could replace that? A ... Carrera GT?

Steve R
Old 01-25-2009, 11:50 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

I would LOVE to have that car! I would trade both of mine in for it. To bad, I can't take a little loan on my 401k, what's left of it.

But really, I'm about $70k shy of buying it!
Old 01-25-2009, 11:57 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Stealth 993
I would LOVE to have that car! I would trade both of mine in for it. To bad, I can't take a little loan on my 401k, what's left of it.

But really, I'm about $70k shy of buying it!
Maybe we could do a time share.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:14 AM
Kcreager1
Racer

Default I take it - thay will never know!

SA Mike -

I have loved your car (from board only) since the first time I say it. I have the deal for you. We take a weekend and pull the cars apart - we switch all the necessary appearance parts to make it so that it is very difficult to tell that you swapped cars...mine is close enough - we can pull it off - close enough to fool a co-worker...girlfriend...or nieghbor.

Of course you will still know everytime you hit the gas....at start up,...while idling....but maybe you'd forget if you just sat in the car.

Minimum, we have to change...wheels, seats...sterring wheel - all my carbon fiber interior parts....radio..redo your badging...I have the TurboS full dash, speakers grills, threesholds, console etc...you can look them over and we can pull them if you are partial to yours....I am sure there is much more...but some things you may keep - I have the tech art mufflers with 4 pipes...not sure here.

I ASSUME you would still want a me to pay a boot.....I have thought about it and SINCE WE ARE BOTH IN SAN ANTONIO......I have it all worked out! I am a tax guy, so I will put together a payment plan.....instead of money, I will mow your yard and act as a personal valet for the appropriate period of time (20 or so years). Never mind that I do not do my own yard (becaue the yard guy is soo much better) I think this can work.....take a look....I know you like my car.....

Of course - I have pulled the recaros for new 996 sport seats....and my Front bumper is different, as well as my lights by the turbo-s front ducts......

INTERESTED?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:52 AM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kcreager1
SA Mike -

I have loved your car (from board only) since the first time I say it. I have the deal for you. We take a weekend and pull the cars apart - we switch all the necessary appearance parts to make it so that it is very difficult to tell that you swapped cars...mine is close enough - we can pull it off - close enough to fool a co-worker...girlfriend...or nieghbor.

Of course you will still know everytime you hit the gas....at start up,...while idling....but maybe you'd forget if you just sat in the car.

Minimum, we have to change...wheels, seats...sterring wheel - all my carbon fiber interior parts....radio..redo your badging...I have the TurboS full dash, speakers grills, threesholds, console etc...you can look them over and we can pull them if you are partial to yours....I am sure there is much more...but some things you may keep - I have the tech art mufflers with 4 pipes...not sure here.

I ASSUME you would still want a me to pay a boot.....I have thought about it and SINCE WE ARE BOTH IN SAN ANTONIO......I have it all worked out! I am a tax guy, so I will put together a payment plan.....instead of money, I will mow your yard and act as a personal valet for the appropriate period of time (20 or so years). Never mind that I do not do my own yard (becaue the yard guy is soo much better) I think this can work.....take a look....I know you like my car.....

Of course - I have pulled the recaros for new 996 sport seats....and my Front bumper is different, as well as my lights by the turbo-s front ducts......

INTERESTED?
Man bro your car is sweet! I'll think about it. Hey let me ask you something do you drive up and down 281 often?
Old 01-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Kcreager1
Racer

I live on Evans and work at 281 and 410. I drive the car about 1 time every 2 weeks. I always look for yours - never seen it on the road. I also look in the mulligans parking lot each time I pass - no joy!

My company, Tesoro, is building the new building between redland and sonterra on 281 (that 150 acres being developed). Soon the daily commute will be 3 miles.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:11 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kcreager1
I live on Evans and work at 281 and 410. I drive the car about 1 time every 2 weeks. I always look for yours - never seen it on the road. I also look in the mulligans parking lot each time I pass - no joy!

My company, Tesoro, is building the new building between redland and sonterra on 281 (that 150 acres being developed). Soon the daily commute will be 3 miles.

I work at 281 and Evans. I've seen you drive by several times either going to or coming from work. The only time you'll see me at Mulligans is on a Saturday or Sunday. I hardly ever take the car to work. The car looks great on the road, I always thought it was a Turbo S and wondered if you were on Rennlist. Definatley have to hook up before I sell the car.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:09 AM
Kcreager1
Racer

Definately. Your a banker, right? Chase? Is it the Chase at bulverde road? That is like .5 mile from the house.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:16 AM
jimbo3
Rennlist Member

Received 702 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
'cept he (or I) just have to drive 10 miles to get it done. It's all about convenience...
Old 01-29-2009, 03:38 PM
slider
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gorgeous rig....best of luck with the sale....my car wants to be your car some day
Old 01-29-2009, 08:02 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jimbo3
'cept he (or I) just have to drive 10 miles to get it done. It's all about convenience...
I'm up for a drive. There's got to be a DIY somewhere on how to install a trailer hitch on a 993!

Quick Reply: FS 1996 993 TT - If anyone looking to upgrade