Sponsored by:

Clutch job in Socal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 11:28 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

When I had the dreaded CEL issue Peter did the work. he also replaced the clutch. He does great work.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:44 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 885 Likes on 583 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainGSR
I

He acted as if I had to earn the right to bring my car in! I felt like I was going to have to pass an interview to get my car serviced there. I must have dialed the wrong number, and somehow reached Tony Callas' shop instead! (Except Tony's guys really know what they are talking about!)

What does this mean?
are you whining about Mr. Callas?
or
promoting him???????????

cheers

Craig
Old 01-21-2009, 01:53 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Yeah, I bring my C4S to this great air-cooled Porsche specialty shop just south of Beverly Hills on Robertson Blvd. called "200 N. Motorworks" (310)558-3394. Mark, the owner-mechanic and his crew do great work at fair prices. Not affiliated etc., just a satisfied customer.

Also, since I am having a hard time keeping employed these days, if any experienced 993 DIY'er in the L.A. area has a project and needs an extra hand, I'd be willing to trade some DIY newbie free labor time for some 993 DIY education for sure.

Red Car next Wed. sounds good to me as well! See y'all then.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:02 AM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cgfen
What does this mean?
are you whining about Mr. Callas? or promoting him???????????
Craig
It can't be both?

Philip - maybe you can go spend a couple Saturdays with Chris and Robin? After that, you'll be ahead of most of us!

Speaking of which, where the heck are those guys? I think I have an IOU from at least Chris to come out and hoist one with us!
Old 01-21-2009, 02:18 AM
CaptainGSR
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

are you whining about Mr. Callas?
or
promoting him???????????
I am not really criticizing his shop. I stopped by one day, and they were very nice and helpful. Too pricey for me, but you seem to get what you pay for there.
When I called them about my pss10 install, Tony told me to first schedule an appointment with him. We would need to sit down and talk about my intentions. I would also have to pay a few hundred bucks just to have everything on my car inspected, before they would ever do anything to it. I found it amazing back then.
I guess it's a good way to select your customers when you have too many.

On the other hand, the clowns at the Pacific Porsche Service department should feel lucky about still being employed these days!
Old 01-21-2009, 02:30 AM
SCMomentum
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did Tony Callas quote you more than $3000 for SACHS?
I've always had good luck with his shop...they do alot for the Rennlist community and have alot of experience working with 993's.
I'm seeing him on Friday for service on my car and will be curious to see what he would charge.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:29 AM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Art Arredondo worked at Callas for 13 years. Just sayin'.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:54 AM
CaptainGSR
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I did not get a price quote from Tony Callas. For the last time, I have nothing negative to say about him or his shop! I briefly interacted with them twice (just a price quote and some questions). At the time, I chose not to have them work on my car for financial reasons.

Art, Chris and Robin have all been highly recommended to me. Thanks for all the other great suggestions.

I wanted to have a list of trusted places to call or deal with, since I am fairly new to the area.

Cheers,
Old 01-21-2009, 04:04 AM
travanx
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure to check the other number for a quote at least. You might be surprised.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:56 AM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dcdude68
It can't be both?

Philip - maybe you can go spend a couple Saturdays with Chris and Robin? After that, you'll be ahead of most of us!

Speaking of which, where the heck are those guys? I think I have an IOU from at least Chris to come out and hoist one with us!
Chuck,

You need to swing by, we have been busy doing....... doing..... doing..... A CLUTCH JOB!

Old 01-21-2009, 01:06 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Y'all are crazy! Do we know the owner?

If I knew you had to tear the car in half to do a clutch, I think I'd take it a little more easy. I've never had to put a clutch in a car. I barely touch the gas until my left foot's back on the floor.

Get a hall pass, pack a bag and come back to the ol' neighborhood and have a beer with us next Wed.:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=44637
Old 01-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

The owner is not on Rennlist, but after receiving his service bill he will probably buy a Porsche instead. LOL!

You know Chuck we would love to drive out there, with the rush hour traffic on 91 we would be on the freeway until Thursday morning. LOL!
Old 01-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by dcdude68
If I knew you had to tear the car in half to do a clutch, I think I'd take it a little more easy. I've never had to put a clutch in a car. [/url]
Now we can get to the spark plugs!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 06:23 AM
travanx
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about do a group clutch job all at once with all the local people that want this done? =)
Old 01-22-2009, 03:46 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Originally Posted by CaptainGSR
I did not get a price quote from Tony Callas. For the last time, I have nothing negative to say about him or his shop! I briefly interacted with them twice (just a price quote and some questions). At the time, I chose not to have them work on my car for financial reasons.
Speaking of Callas, here's the video that Rich 24FPS (where is he?) shot almost 2 years?! ago at one of Tony's tech sessions. Sharp eyes will find my *** (literally) at :13, 2:04 and 4:41; Gonzilla at 2:16 and Goofball at 2:16 and in other spots...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvqZbT5WhaU

Quick Reply: Clutch job in Socal?