993 Forum 1995-1998

Laugh or cry: puke green & other oddities PHOTO THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 07:07 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by The Brewmeister
UT made a 1/18 die cast model of that racecar.
Why yes...yes they did!
Attached Images  
Old 10-17-2017, 07:45 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
Is that a real Evo street behind it? Almost as rare as the 1:1 !
Old 10-19-2017, 08:43 AM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FrenchToast
Is that a real Evo street behind it? Almost as rare as the 1:1 !
Yes...got every UT WB version, race, and RS too. Maybe there is still one out there that I didn’t know was produced...like the black/red TTS, never saw that one before.

Anyway...all out on display, with an occasional shift in location, and a clean. No fancy plastic cases, just sitting atop things, and a rolling on desk tops.
Attached Images  
Old 10-19-2017, 03:03 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Maybe there is still one out there that I didn’t know was produced...like the black/red TTS, never saw that one before.
I documented all the UT 993s (and their variations) here. http://www.diecastsociety.com/forums...hp?f=40&t=6858

There are 51 of them. Includes the 996 GT1 Evo, because it is a 993 GT1 underneath.

WB, RS, and race models excluding GT1s tally to 26.

Last edited by FrenchToast; 10-19-2017 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:25 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

I documented all the UT 993s (and their variations) here. http://www.diecastsociety.com/forums...hp?f=40&t=6858

There are 51 of them. Includes the 996 GT1 Evo, because it is a 993 GT1 underneath.

Does that count of 26 include both versions of the silver GT2...1 with black calipers, the other with NO brake calipers?

I’m missing at least one then....thanks for the link. I gotta do some homework.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:08 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Ok...first off, EVERY rennlister 993 owner NEEDS to click on the link above. Regardless if you care about/appreciate the various UT 1:18 scale variations.

What FrenchToast assembled, UT model variations, their subtle differences, etc...may not be interesting to many...but the photo documentation of the real cars, exterior-interior color variations...and especially the real life pictures of road AND race versions...is simply a thing of beauty.

While the UT side, and the breathtaking detail can be, well...a curiosity, I’ll just assume that FrenchToast was caption of the High school chess club, a math-elete , and or “equipment manager” for the football team.

Just kidding...

Seriously, click the link, and marvel at the pictures.

Regarding my missing UT’s...I’m apparently missing the first gen AR TT without the brake calipers.

The pic of the naked lady car shows gold Speedlines, all I have seen (including mine)have the BBS race wheels on.

Couldn’t understand what differences there were between the Gen 1, and Gen 2 purple Carrera S. I have two of these, and they are both the same.

In closing, holy hell do I love these scale models. I simply never tire of looking at them. As I type, I’m surrounded by these UT 993’s, all the Hot Wheel versions of the Gt2, and most of the Tinplate versions too...still need two of those though.

Maybe it is t to late to seriously take up chess, and join a club?
Old 10-19-2017, 11:08 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Does that count of 26 include both versions of the silver GT2...1 with black calipers, the other with NO brake calipers?
No, they are counted as one.

The pic of the naked lady car shows gold Speedlines, all I have seen (including mine)have the BBS race wheels on.
Good eye. The Speedlines are only on the pre-production sample.

The first batch of pictures is all of pre-production models. Most are identical to their production counterparts, however a few are different. The "Naked Lady" car is one. . The one that varies most from its production counterpart is the red RS: incorrect GT2 speedlines, hardback sport seats, and Techart- foglights.

Couldn’t understand what differences there were between the Gen 1, and Gen 2 purple Carrera S. I have two of these, and they are both the same.
Your purple C2S's should be the same. I mistakenly wrote (now fixed) that the purple car was produced in two variations. If you want to see the general differences of Gen 1 and 2, compare your purple C2S to a silver C2S. Note the wheels, tires, doorhandles, and some other small differences.

I'll just assume that FrenchToast was caption of the High school chess club
Funny, I've played chess a few times but never got the hang of it, let alone proficient. Whenever I play chess (which is rare), my opponent has to teach me the rules as I never remember them.

Ok...first off, EVERY rennlister 993 owner NEEDS to click on the link above. Regardless if you care about/appreciate the various UT 1:18 scale variations.

What FrenchToast assembled, UT model variations, their subtle differences, etc...may not be interesting to many...but the photo documentation of the real cars, exterior-interior color variations...and especially the real life pictures of road AND race versions...is simply a thing of beauty.
Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I've clarified some of the things on the thread based on your comments.

It does need some further editing in the clarity and organization department. Some of the picture links are kaput too.

Last edited by FrenchToast; 10-20-2017 at 12:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Laugh or cry: puke green & other oddities PHOTO THREAD