993 Forum 1995-1998

Window Switches for $16.50 Delivered

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Stewart
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PNogC2S
I've repaired the pivot point failure by drilling it out (drill press works best, to be sure it's a straight hole across the pivots on both sides), then replacing the broken pivot with an aluminum rod cut to the right length. The only trick is you have to adjust the little springs that control the rocker, because the new rod goes right through their recesses. I've done one, and it's working nicely (also cleaned up the contacts while I was in there). There's no way aluminum rod is going to fail! -- When (not if) another one fails, I'll take some photos, write it up and post it.
I did a repair recently (sorry again no photos) using a very thin panel pin/nail cut down to about 3mm long (removing the head). I drilled a 2mm hole where the failed plastic pivot broke off (actually the break provides a easy start for the drill) using a hand drill and push in the new pin securing it with some strong adhesive/superglue. No need to drill all the way across the switch. It's still working a year on.

Dismantling the switch is pretty easy (pry off the plastic switch surround by putting a thin small screwdriver between the switch body and surround - there are 2 tabs along each of the long sides - gently twist to release the tabs). When the switch comes apart, note how the contacts and springs sit so that you can put it back together the same way. Very satisfying.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Testdr
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Testdr
Just received these from Type911. (on the right)
Compared to the factory ones i pulled from the car.

Definity not the same switch, but different from the URO parts.
What do you guys think ? A little pissed since they market it as genuine on their page.
https://sslrelay.com/type911shop.co....26aid%3D915%26
Already wrote them an email for a return.
Update: Received an email reply from Matthew at Type911 almost in an instant from me sending the email. He offered to send me the genuine switches together with my exhaust tips (which i ordered separately) via fedex priority the next day together. Just received the tracking number with the photo of the very switch.. One of the best service recovery i have experienced so far. Even corrected their mistake on the website within hrs.
First time dealing with them... very pleased so far

Quick Reply: Window Switches for $16.50 Delivered