Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

PHOTOS: New Year's Eve North Georiga Mountain Run

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that looks light great fun....always loved the air cooled P-cars...must be because when they where new I was a teenager!! true sportscars...especially the Turbo's with the HUGE rear wing/air intake and wide "hips"!!
Old 01-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

md11plt - Where in PTC are you located - I usually stay on the 964 forum but am in PTC as well - Missed the ride - but will be in for next year for sure - marking my calendar now -
Old 01-01-2009, 11:03 PM
Tim-C.
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some more pics from the forum 'tard

This was truly one of the great rides, as the passenger in the 930 can attest... Terry--I'm marking my calendar for 6/20...although I may be back in my SC then.

I've got a few more pics to add--some are dupes, but some are worthwhile.

Tim
Attached Images          
Old 01-01-2009, 11:55 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Great pictures guys...I'm living it all over again. keep 'em coming!
Old 01-02-2009, 09:00 AM
thomes
Intermediate

Great day everyone!!
Thanks for posting the photos..

Sergio, FYI ... your driver side brake light is not working ... not that I saw you using your brakes much.

Happy NEW YEAR to all.

Tom
Old 01-02-2009, 09:16 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by thomes
Great day everyone!!
Thanks for posting the photos..

Sergio, FYI ... your driver side brake light is not working ... not that I saw you using your brakes much.

Happy NEW YEAR to all.

Tom
LOL...I tried using them as little as possible.

Thanks for letting me know. I just replaced that same one about a month ago. Must be a lose contact in the socket.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:35 AM
ECS
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi guys. ATL based and planning a Georgia mtn. run early tomorrow. I have my favorite road up near Helen. Where were you guys running? A particular road that tickled your fancy?
Old 01-02-2009, 10:54 AM
AtlJimK
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ECS
Hi guys. ATL based and planning a Georgia mtn. run early tomorrow. I have my favorite road up near Helen. Where were you guys running? A particular road that tickled your fancy?
We ran the "Gaps". Neel's (Left on 129 from Turners Corner), Wolfpen (Left on 180, Vogel SP to Suches), and Woody's (Left on 60 from Suches back to the Rock Pile) as the big group. The small group continued on from the RP back to Turners C and right onto 129 to 75, left on 75 over to Hogpen (Richard B Russell, 348) over and down to 180, right on 180, up Jack's. Right on 75, up and down Unicoi into Helen. Then a stop for a brat and beer (or 2) Then back to ATL.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:04 AM
roche
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

looks like you guys had a great time. nice pics...i think it's cool to see our cars in action. i just wish we could get something like that going up here in OH when the weather breaks.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:54 PM
bluejam
Rennlist Member

I'm green with envy. Fantastic run guys. Good weather, sweet cars, and great shots!.

Terry, are you the same guy that rode my a$$ in a Hyundai on a visit to the Northwest, when there was an OR-PCA run last summer? Just a hunch.

Jody
Old 01-02-2009, 03:25 PM
TMc993
Rennlist Member

Received 546 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by bluejam
I'm green with envy. Fantastic run guys. Good weather, sweet cars, and great shots!.

Terry, are you the same guy that rode my a$$ in a Hyundai on a visit to the Northwest, when there was an OR-PCA run last summer? Just a hunch.

Jody
Jody,

As much as I would have loved to have been driving in that area last summer, I have to say that it wasn't me.

Terry
Old 01-02-2009, 06:06 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Great Event Guys!! I enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to doing it again. Preferably in a little warmer weather where we can get out of the cars without freezing and chat. I had a video camera mounted on my roll bar and put together this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X01V...e=channel_page

I was hoping to put together a cool edited video compilation... Unfortunately due to time constraints and a crummy camera, this is what I have for you. I left in a long 6min climb from the bottom of the mountain to our first stopping point. There were about 6 of us who pulled out of the Auto Parts store behind a van towing a camper. It was a brutal 15min until he pulled off and we could take off up the mountain.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Ed Burdell
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ooh boy, when I cleaned my car up after the run, I find I am now due for a front end respray.

My brake wear warning light is on, I'm down to the wear bars on the rears, and I have a diamond crack on my windshield.

The good Doktor would have been proud...
Old 01-02-2009, 06:20 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Burdell
Ooh boy, when I cleaned my car up after the run, I find I am now due for a front end respray.

My brake wear warning light is on, I'm down to the wear bars on the rears, and I have a diamond crack on my windshield.

The good Doktor would have been proud...
I already needed a new windshield.. But I'm glad I waited to replace it because I got a new crack too. Ditto with the front end!!
Old 01-02-2009, 06:23 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,032 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by 007DT
Great Event Guys!! I enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to doing it again. Preferably in a little warmer weather where we can get out of the cars without freezing and chat. I had a video camera mounted on my roll bar and put together this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X01V...e=channel_page

I was hoping to put together a cool edited video compilation... Unfortunately due to time constraints and a crummy camera, this is what I have for you. I left in a long 6min climb from the bottom of the mountain to our first stopping point. There were about 6 of us who pulled out of the Auto Parts store behind a van towing a camper. It was a brutal 15min until he pulled off and we could take off up the mountain.
Cool roads, reminds me a bit of around here minus the snow! Thanks for posting the video.

Quick Reply: PHOTOS: New Year's Eve North Georiga Mountain Run