Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

So much for this "Greatest Generation" BS.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 01:35 AM
black ice
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry Rick! I think it's a Florida thing.

dave
Old 12-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,040 Likes on 554 Posts

Originally Posted by VNTGSPD
Was it a Gold Buick???
Old 12-02-2008, 09:45 AM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,040 Likes on 554 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr
The shirt fits great! Thanks!
I just did a little buffing with scratch-x and most of the stuff came off. There's still a nice no-paint outline around my wheel well, and my idea of replacing my stoneguards every year looks like it will be easy to keep this year...
Glad most of it came out. Any news from the bank?
Old 12-02-2008, 10:06 AM
roche
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry to hear about your car. hopefully it will all come out without too much work or aggravation. i'm always a little scared to leave my car parked anywhere even though i go out of my way not to park next to any other cars. i think some people are just pissed that we have nice cars and want to damage them any way they can.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:16 PM
DocTock993
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I had a L.O.L. (that's little old lady) back into my S4 in a grocery store parking lot, and then try to say that I had backed into her!
I refused to move my car even for the cop until he noted exactly where my car was when the incident occured.
Good part - everyone found her 100% liable.
Bad part - haven't had the time to get it fixed so I have to look at a damaged car every time I walk around the back.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:23 AM
scat
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just last week someone dinged my wifes 97 M3 left rear door probably at the supermarket,I decided.I just had the car completely repainted about four months ago, the car is black and it really shows.It is the only imperfection in the car finish.
Some people really suck!
Old 12-03-2008, 10:32 AM
95_993
Race Car

Received 536 Likes on 366 Posts

It's amazing that the general population treats cars (the second most costly possession beyond their house, usually) with such disregard. Worse is how little respect they have for others possessions. Just sad. Glad to hear most of it "buffed out".

I find myself now getting anxious while waiting in lines at some stores where I may have parked in a "less desirable" location/spot. I just want to get in/get out before someone does damage to the 993.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:19 PM
travanx
Pro

I watched as some woman parked this very raised truck in the parking lot and basically just swipe a minivans bumper with the huge sticking out wheels. Normally I would say something, but this seems more the norm at this point. I don't understand why others can't be more careful.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:34 PM
fixedgame
Instructor

My wife's '07 530i got keyed in San Francisco a month ago. I got it fixed right away cause I got so pissed off everytime I see it. Yup some people really suck.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:50 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Unfortunately, these stories are just a microcosm of a society in rapid decline. No accountability and respect for others coupled with such self absorption and thoughtlessness makes for a sad populace. One need only look at the stock market to see what happens when a society at large acts this way.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Denise993
Pro

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Unfortunately, these stories are just a microcosm of a society in rapid decline. No accountability and respect for others coupled with such self absorption and thoughtlessness makes for a sad populace. One need only look at the stock market to see what happens when a society at large acts this way.
OK, one good story from me... I was at a public pool this summer with my Niece and on the corner bumper on my black SUV was a bunch of white paint. There was a note from the culprit with a working phone number telling me to call her if it didn't wash off ... it washed off, but there were several significant scratches. I didn't worry about it... it's got plenty of dings and scratches because it's my daily driver and I park in a very tight garage in the city.

I called her and she was quite surprised and relieved I didn't want to have it fixed.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:50 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzilla
... I was out in Calabasas having brunch with some Pcar buddies for my birthday and when I get out I realize that some jackass has hit the rear driver's side quarter panel and bumper. No note, no nothing...
i can't believe that... AND just after i told you 'bout someone bumpin' my front cover too...

maybe i can help you with it a bit mikey. will bring my porter cable & foam pads & polish; retouch what you need to & we'll polish her up next time i see ya.

& btw rick, i did an almost exact replay of what you did. only two cars in the lot mine & a white buick which resulted in me payin' $100 for a big ding removal.

k a r m a police ...

Quick Reply: So much for this "Greatest Generation" BS.