Sponsored by:

Anyone tried these fog lights?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 04:50 PM
boubi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheOtherEric
These look like HK Plus . I don't think people have been happy with the quality.
I bought a 2S rear spoiler from this company.
It was really a piece of s..t
Old 11-06-2008, 07:32 PM
timabe
Instructor

Wow. Great tips, warnings, and feedback. Thanks! I'm going to order the second choice:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=190263626542

I'm also going to get the clear turn signals. Mark's pics inspired me.

Damn this is a slippery slope!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:05 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 483 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by cgfen
have any of you personally tried these and know they are sh*t?
Yes.

It depends how motivated you are to get them to fit right, sand them, and Macgiver a brace to hold the light and duct together. It's all about how much your time is worth. I was not motivated .
Old 11-07-2008, 09:37 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Stealth 993
Thanks, I have a couple more,
Yea, I'm a pic *****.....

The head light nozzles are there, due to me not having the fenders touched. Maybe when I get the front end re-sprayed they will be removed. On a black car, you really don't even know they are there.
I agree it's definately not as noticeable on a darker colored car.. I love that look with these ducts and the "S" chin spoiler. Very classy, yet brutal and stealthy in black

How much sanding/modifying/prepwork was involved in fitting the foglights/ducts that you have? Does the foglights also include positioning lights like the OEM turbo S ducts?
Old 11-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by vhanzon
I agree it's definately not as noticeable on a darker colored car.. I love that look with these ducts and the "S" chin spoiler. Very classy, yet brutal and stealthy in black

How much sanding/modifying/prepwork was involved in fitting the foglights/ducts that you have? Does the foglights also include positioning lights like the OEM turbo S ducts?
Yea, they do look HOT! It is the look that I wanted!

NONE, I just had to drill a hole in the tab for mounting, & put on a electrical connector. No, there are no city light, just the fog. My reason for getting these was they are much cheaper then the OEM Turbo S, & have fog lights. If I did get the OEM ones, i would have purchased fog lights to replace the city light. I didn't care about the loss of the city light.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:59 PM
samsnead
Pro

Anyone try these?

http://www.electrodyne.cc/Merchant2/...=993.20.00.010
Old 11-13-2008, 06:58 PM
timabe
Instructor

Default Update

I received these (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=190263626542)yesterday and did the installation today. They did require a small amount of trimming with the Dremel and the inside of the bumper had to be cut to make room for the duct. Otherwise, they fit great. The trimming and cutting the bumper took about 15 minutes total.

I also crimped spade connectors on the new fog light wires so I could leave the stock harness in place (just in case). The spades fit into the harness perfectly.

Tomorrow I drop the car off at the body shop for the rear bumperette delete. I'm going to have them spray the new fog lights at the same time. No, I'm not going to delete the front bumperettes (cue the outrage ) because I like the look of the painted bumperettes.

Pics to follow after I pick it up!
Old 11-14-2008, 03:22 AM
alcanada
Instructor

Go with better quality ones for sure. The car I just bought has the turbo S duct and round fog lights and both fog lights are cracked. I am looking at going back to the original ones.

By the way, if any of you decide to get rid of your original fog lights, please PM me.

Good luck,
Anthony

Quick Reply: Anyone tried these fog lights?