Sponsored by:

Fister STG II's

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 02:48 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Fister STG II's

Well, we all know that the exhaust note on our cars is weak. It sounds more like a ecno box, then a sports car. Scarlet came stock with the "Motorsound Package" it does sound nicer then stock, it is still very quiet, about 5% louder under throttle, & about the same @ idle.

In the search for a bit more HP & sound, I purchased the Dach X pipe with cats on last years group buy. They are simply awesome, work & sound great!!! Plus I had them ceramic coated to help with the heat.

After a few miles with the Dach pipes, I was left still wanting more. What do get? LMPM, Fabspeed, B&B, RSR, etc... I wasn't to keen on tearing up perfectly good Motorsound mufflers! The search began for cheap stokers. The plan was to move the Motorsounds over to the Silver C4, keep a stock set & then have another set modified. If I happened to not like the sound, there was a easy option to go back to stock.

After loosing out on a few stock muffler sets on eBay, I finally won a set. Well, not really, there was a error in the auction, the seller put in he had 3 sets to sell, & there were 3 winning bidders. The seller asked me to leave good feedback, & he would redo the auction. I didn't like this plan, & played a little hardball, that if I didn't get the mufflers that bad feedback would be left. He had plenty of time to fix the error & he had over 300 feedback, so not a noobie. Well guess who else won the auction? Yup, FisterD! I ended up having the mufflers sent directly to him for modification.

Why Fister mufflers over RSR's & Dach? Well, I wanted more sound then stock, & while Robin's are great, I wanted more. Then I had NO CLUE that Dach was also doing muffler mods. Lastly, Darin was cheaper, & I'm not in a good money place right now. I really wanted the Fabspeed ones, they are very well made, & we sell them!

He took less a week to do them & ship'em out. Darin, sent them directly to my ceramic coating place. Why, coat the mufflers? Well, it's really hot back there, & I believe all that heat is what helps kill our rear tires. Go & put your hand next to the rear fenders after a good drive, you will feel it. Second, the less heat loss in the exhaust, the faster it moves, so there might be a small power gain. It will be dyoned soon, just need the time.

Fit & finish, great over all. My only gripe, is some messy welding, & maybe should be ground down a little. It's all sealed & not burnt through. Just a little nag, no big deal. Of course they fit in there perfectly, as they are stock, as you can see in the pic, the passenger side muffler is a little dented, I had to pop it out a bit to get it on the hanger.

On the heat, there is hardly any coming from the wheel wells after a drive, I a can change the shock settings with our burning my hand from under the car when hot! My garage is also not at hot after a long drive, for me it was money well spent, it cost me a little over $150 for both.

Sound?
Nice little bark on startup, very mechanical sound & I love the burble!! From behind the car, there is no doubt of the sound, it's just sweet music! From in the car, it's louder, but not a ton, just a little, the Wife might not even notice unless the windows or sunroof are open. No drone, no freeway humm, just a little louder then stock when cruising from in the car. However, when you get on it, it comes alive!! Starting it in the garage @ 6am on Sunday, it was a little to loud for my area, I idled out of my alley, as the sound bounces off all the houses. I did a Auto-X Sunday with it, there were a couple of comments on the sound! They said it sounded possessed & mad! After the Auto-X I did a 300mi tour, through the Mountains, I loved every second of it, the radio was off for most of the trip. The downside, I was driving one gear lower, & had my foot in it more, so I could listen to the engine!!!

I'm just so happy, & feel our cars should have come like this!!!

Thanks Darin, they are just sweet!!

Last edited by Stealth 993; 10-29-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:22 PM
b5audia4
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet!! I gotta get myself one of those Dach X-Pipe next year.

The ceramic coating makes it so much cleaner.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 144 Posts

A video on Gootube wouldn't hurt!
Old 10-29-2008, 05:56 PM
bluejam
Rennlist Member

I had the pleasure to meet Darin at Monterey a couple weeks ago and hear his car with the Stage II's. They sound awesome. My mufflers will be on their way to him soon.
You are right. Not too loud at idle but come alive with a good rev. Perfect.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:44 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Here are some video's, just took them on start up. Both cars are very cold, & just washed by me, hence the water coming from the exhaust pipes.

http://s118.photobucket.com/player.s...fs=1&os=1&ap=1

Sorry, I have no clue on how to embed the video.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:04 PM
ibdavid
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I love seeing Darin's work. I know he was inspired when I came over to help him on his motor and he heard super cups for the first time. He drove my car, heard the cabin noise and said, there's got to be a better way............right Darin?

Again, nice work Darin.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:14 PM
993USMC
Racer

I was also involved in that auction... I "won" them too. I'm glad a lister got them. I was PO'd and left the seller neutral feedback. Enjoy!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:31 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ibdavid
I love seeing Darin's work. I know he was inspired when I came over to help him on his motor and he heard super cups for the first time. He drove my car, heard the cabin noise and said, there's got to be a better way............right Darin?

Again, nice work Darin.
Thanks David. Yes, I even had Supercups for a while, thanks to you! It's been too long. We need to get together sometime soon. We should put together lunch at the shop.

Originally Posted by 993USMC
I was also involved in that auction... I "won" them too. I'm glad a lister got them. I was PO'd and left the seller neutral feedback. Enjoy!
I was the other "winner" also on that auction. I didn't care to play hardball with the guy, so I backed out. I ended up working on them anyways!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:35 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by bluejam
I had the pleasure to meet Darin at Monterey a couple weeks ago and hear his car with the Stage II's. They sound awesome. My mufflers will be on their way to him soon.
You are right. Not too loud at idle but come alive with a good rev. Perfect.
Bluejam, It was great meeting you there. What a great weekend! Your car looks great, too! Let me know when your ready....
Old 10-29-2008, 10:13 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Stealth 993
Here are some video's, just took them on start up. Both cars are very cold, & just washed by me, hence the water coming from the exhaust pipes.

http://s118.photobucket.com/player.s...fs=1&os=1&ap=1

Sorry, I have no clue on how to embed the video.
WANT!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 12:50 AM
Surj-993C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

That Dach X Pipe coupled with Darin's stage 2 is ******* AWESOME!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 10:48 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Great writeup Stealth . Lovely sound! Very RAW !
Old 10-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 993USMC
I'm sorry, you'll get'em next time. Really, I felt bad after finding out Darin was also a winner of the auction.

Originally Posted by vhanzon
Great writeup Stealth . Lovely sound! Very RAW !
Thanks! Yea, they sound just so right! The great thing, is they sound mean, but are not overbearing, of course no drone!!
Old 10-30-2008, 10:40 PM
D-Uber Cars
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Mike,
Thanks for sharing, sounds great. Any power difference?
D.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by D-Uber Cars
Mike,
Thanks for sharing, sounds great. Any power difference?
D.
Yea, it does sound great, so far every one who hears it, likes it.

I do notice the lower (sub 3k rpms) has a little less omph, but over & around 4k it starts to really take off, & doesn't feel like it's running out of breath towards redline.

I think it shifted the torque curve a bit & opened up the top end. It will get dyoned soon, & that will show what's really going on.

Quick Reply: Fister STG II's