Sponsored by:

Kendall 20W50 High Performance Engine Oil

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 11:12 AM
SCMomentum
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kendall 20W50 High Performance Engine Oil

I hope he doesn't mind but I am copying an e-mail from my friend and mechanic Tony Callas for posting here. Anybody using this stuff?

Just a note to all that the Kendall GT-1 High Performance 20w-50 Engine Lubricant has had the ZDDP Additives (1200 PPM Zinc) back in it since last March.

Good Evening,
Tony

Announcing: Reformulated SAE 20W-50 High

Performance Motor Oils

We are excited to announce that 76 High Performance Motor Oil SAE 20W-50 and Kendall GT-1® High Performance Motor Oil SAE 20W-50 will be reformulated. The reformulation will consist of the addition of a boosted level of zinc dialkyldithiophosphate (ZDDP) to provide enhanced wear protection and oxidation resistance for use in the most demanding applications. The new formulations will be in production in all ConocoPhillips Lubricant plants by March 1. ConocoPhillips Lubricants will add ZDDP to these products to address general industry concerns about current ILSAC GF-4 and API SM engine oils and the debate as to whether or not they contain sufficient levels of ZDDP to protect older engines, especially high-performance engines with flat-tappet camshafts. Modern high-performance, flat-tappet camshafts typically are not phosphate coated, as were the older OEM camshafts. This makes the camshaft break-in period critical. Higher levels of ZDDP, which provide antiwear/antiscuff protection as well as oxidation inhibition, can help protect these new camshafts during the critical break-in period. The reformulated SAE 20W-50 viscosity grades of 76 High Performance Motor Oil and Kendall GT-1 High Performance Motor Oil will contain approximately 1200 ppm zinc – significantly more zinc than was used even in the late 1960s during the muscle car era. We are confident that the newly enhanced engine oils will be a great product for customers who service high-performance racing engines. Please stay tuned for more details on availability, and direct any questions about these reformulated products to your Sales Representative.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Howdy993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is this Dino or Syn?
Old 10-24-2008, 11:50 AM
9caregiver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brad Penn is the old Kendall GT1 that has been reformulated. These words came from my Brad Penn rep.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:53 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 290 Posts

+1 on the Brad Penn. It's the real deal...the green oil. BTW, FWIW, Shell Rotella T, even tho it's a supposed Diesel motor oil conforming to the latest CJ4 spec, is a low-cost (compared to M1, etc.), non-synthetic in 15W40 that contains .12% ZDDP. You can check it out on www.bobistheoilguy.com.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:36 AM
jhubs
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SCMomentum

[I]Just a note to all that the Kendall GT-1 High Performance 20w-50 Engine Lubricant has had the ZDDP Additives (1200 PPM Zinc) back in it since last March.

SCMomentum, Thanks for the info. on the Kendall GT-1, I'm going to search for this locally.

NC TRACKRAT, NICE car!!!
Old 10-25-2008, 02:22 AM
SCMomentum
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The oil is not synthetic but neither is the Brad Penn (partial).

Quick Reply: Kendall 20W50 High Performance Engine Oil