Speaking of V-Ram Conversion - need help from anyone with a 96-98 car

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 01:44 AM
JM993
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Speaking of V-Ram Conversion - need help from anyone with a 96-98 car

Hey Everyone,

I was hoping someone with a 96 through 98 car could take a couple of pics of the mounting of their a/c lines (from the compressor). More specifically, I need to see how they are routed and mounted on the driver's side frame rail. I'm in the middle of my v-ram conversion and will be installing late model a/c lines (on a 95 the a/c lines travel over the intake manifold). Unfortunately, the PET is not complete or very descriptive in its illustration of the lines (illustration 813-30). Extra bonus for anyone who can provide the mount part numbers

BTW, I know I'll have to improvise a line mount on the fan housing as 95s do not have a mounting boss in the center of the fan housing. Not a big deal, but I'd like the install to be indistinguishable from factory. Anyone have a spare late model fan housing they want to part with....

TIA
Old 10-24-2008, 02:49 PM
JM993
Banned

Or, in the alternative, if there's someone in the East Bay who wouldn't mind me comming by to take a quick peek at thery're engine, I'd be most appreciative.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:59 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jmarch
Or, in the alternative, if there's someone in the East Bay who wouldn't mind me comming by to take a quick peek at thery're engine, I'd be most appreciative.
I have some pics of the DS lines but off of a TT but I don't think this will help you.
I can take some shots of an NA car if you like.

We can set up a time you can come over and look at a couple of NA cars. I am in Oakley.
Later today is good. Where are you?
Old 10-24-2008, 03:01 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

here is a broad pic I had filed. I can take another if you tell me specifically what area.
Attached Images  
Old 10-24-2008, 03:46 PM
JM993
Banned

Originally Posted by MarkD
here is a broad pic I had filed. I can take another if you tell me specifically what area.
Thanks Mark. Beautiful color. Could you focus on the driver's side routing of the lines - in front of and under the engine fuse box?

Thanks!!!!
Old 10-24-2008, 04:41 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jmarch
Thanks Mark. Beautiful color. Could you focus on the driver's side routing of the lines - in front of and under the engine fuse box?

Thanks!!!!
Thanks.

OK, I took a few... let me know if this does it.
I hosted them so I could post bigger but if you want huge, high res versions, let me know. This way you can see ALL of the dust... look away Andreas! Avert your eyes
Or... come by the shop and visit

Old 10-24-2008, 05:32 PM
JM993
Banned

Thanks Mark. The second picture of the left frame rail mount is just what I needed. Can you tell if the mount is attached to the frame rail, and if so, how? Also, it appears as though the mount folds and may have an insert (perhaps rubber) inside. Is this correct? Finally, if there's any way you can see a part number on the mount I'd be home free. I think it's 964 126 011 02, but the PET is really unclear.

Thanks so much for your help!
Old 10-24-2008, 05:54 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Joe, yes there is a rubber insert in it. Don't see a part # on the bracket but let me pop it off and check.
EDIT: There is a captured stud in the body. A long plastic nut threads onto it through the clamp. Rubber cushion in the middle.

OK, got a part # off of it.
999 511 230 40
No idea what the PN is for the rubber insert.

Checked PET, don't see that part # in the vicinity of the AC lines. Probably supercedes into something else.
You are so right, PET is really unclear on AC hardware.

Last edited by MarkD; 10-24-2008 at 06:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Speaking of V-Ram Conversion - need help from anyone with a 96-98 car