Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Red cab... top color?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009 | 02:30 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by BufordTJ
Zipper! Great idea! Does it go all the was around so you could take the plastic window out for cleaning or future replacement? How does the outside look? Got any pics you could post?
I'll be replacing my top in the future and would like this option.
I didn't mess with the rear window too much because the temps were in the 20's when I looked at it but I do believe the zipper goes all the way around. I don't mess with the top at those temps for fear of cracking that plastic window. I SUSPECT the window comes out so it can be replaced when it starts to get hazy but don't know that for a fact.

I will confirm the window this w/e, our temps are supposed to hit low 60's ('bout damn time!).

The Gahh top looks great, I have no concerns with it. I do need to hit it with some cab top fabric sealer but will hold off until spring for that.
Old 02-06-2009 | 05:53 PM
BufordTJ
Rennlist Member

Thanks Bill! I guess I need to find a Gahh dealer in AR. Good luck huh!
I'd love to see some pics if you get a chance.
67 here tomorrow. Thank God the ice is gone. I'll be working on the 30K tune up.
If your ever in AR give me a shout!
Old 02-06-2009 | 08:48 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

I believe the new top on mine is Gahh too and it looks great. Of course, I just picked it up a few hours ago, so I haven't seen how it weathers. I didn't notice a zippered rear window, but will check that out tomorrow.
Old 02-08-2009 | 10:48 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Today I taped off the windows and body to put the Raggtop protectant on. Probably overkill, but why take the chance. Here's a shot w/ her all taped up. Needs one more coat and I'll hit that tomorrow.

Old 02-09-2009 | 12:29 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Yes, I'll be doing that too the next warm spell we get. And yes, my new Gahh top has a full rear window zipper, haven't removed the rear window yet though. Photos eventually.
Old 02-09-2009 | 12:24 PM
BufordTJ
Rennlist Member

Bill,
Do you have the name and number of the shop us used? I'd like to get more info on the top with zipper.
Thanks!
Old 02-09-2009 | 01:12 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by BufordTJ
Bill,
Do you have the name and number of the shop us used? I'd like to get more info on the top with zipper.
Thanks!
I would suggest going directly to the source, Gahh. This is the link for the options for my '97 but I think you can figure out how to get to your mod. yr.

Gahh web site

I THINK I remember mine being the German canvas and the Black Dane Cloth headliner, I'll have to confirm with the invoice later.

Call them, they may even have a recommendation for a installer in your area.
Old 02-09-2009 | 08:15 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

I definitely have the Gahh top and do have a zipper, but I don't think it allows the back window to come out. It seems stitched in. I didn't unzip it because it's really tight having just been installed, and I was afraid I wouldn't get it zipped closed again. But... the zipper handle was on the inside, and to me, it looked more like how the headliner attaches to the top around the window. I could be wrong.

edit... oh and I finished applying the protectant this AM and removed all the tape and newspaper. Note... blue painter's tape does leave residue on the plastic window. Some orange googone cleaner got it off, but I wasn't expecting it.
Old 02-09-2009 | 09:44 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by murfysflaw
I definitely have the Gahh top and do have a zipper, but I don't think it allows the back window to come out. It seems stitched in. I didn't unzip it because it's really tight having just been installed, and I was afraid I wouldn't get it zipped closed again. But... the zipper handle was on the inside, and to me, it looked more like how the headliner attaches to the top around the window. I could be wrong.
Oh yes! That would make sense. I did get the new headliner too when I got the new top.

Quick Reply: Red cab... top color?